How to treat merchants in MCA responsibly in one easy & simple step...
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Member Reputation points: 1260

How to treat merchants in MCA responsibly in one easy & simple step...

You don't have to be brilliant, rich, beautiful or perfect. You just have to care.

357413697_838410510973737_4058314239265915844_n.jpg
    Uber driver who tried his hand in MCA got fired now studying the industry to avoid pitfalls. Any advice, direction or information references offered are greatly appreciated and will be researched. Interests: Alternative/Traditional business financing and regulation

Now I know why you got fired by this post, you probably sucked and cared about a 10k trucker that needs money!

Member Reputation points: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by gun View Post
    Now I know why you got fired by this post, you probably sucked and cared about a 10k trucker that needs money!
    Actually I got fired for taking a week off because my brother died. I know by your post that your obviously an angry uneducated rogue participant. $10K or $1M it is about helping the merchant not yourself. Good luck with that energy you will go very far. Be kind.
    Uber driver who tried his hand in MCA got fired now studying the industry to avoid pitfalls. Any advice, direction or information references offered are greatly appreciated and will be researched. Interests: Alternative/Traditional business financing and regulation

Senior Member Reputation points: 218103

Quote Originally Posted by JustInCase View Post
    Actually I got fired for taking a week off because my brother died. I know by your post that your obviously an angry uneducated rogue participant. $10K or $1M it is about helping the merchant not yourself. Good luck with that energy you will go very far. Be kind.
    We are sorry to hear about your brother. The idiot that fired you will probably container to be a jerk and go to his grave like that.

However, we don't work for the merchant. We don't work for the lender or source of funding. I have spoken about this multiple times, but we are not fiduciaries, our goal is to find a relationship that makes sense. You're right giving him a bad deal when you can get better and get paid the same is wrong, however sometimes you might want to get them a middle of a road deal because if you know that there were multiple brokers, someone else will close them first on a worse deal. If somebody is giving them a bad deal, you should be able to beat it with natural capitalism. You are not there father, you are not their CFO. As an independent third party for over, your goal is to enable the relationship to be consummated. That's how we get paid.

If you wanted to truly help the merchant, ask the merchant to pay you $X and don't take any commissions from the lenders

Senior Member Reputation points: 81657

Quote Originally Posted by JustInCase View Post
    Not sure how being "kind" helps you earn a living in the MCA world, - we sell $$$$ at a high rate.
    Plain & Simple !

Find another company to work for or find funder(s) that you want to place business with and go to work for yourself.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Senior Member Reputation points: 68639 Olderguy's Avatar

Unfortunately broker shops typically don't care what helps the client from a big picure standpoint, they are driven by how much money they can make on a deal. And if lying can close the deal so be it...in most instances it's all about the Benjamins.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

1012 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10476

If you do the right thing and care about the merchant you will build a good book of business. By doing the right thing and building that book you will take care of yourself and always make money.