Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
Lockboxes and split funding were such a pain in the neck. It adds more time to completing the deal, more coordination with more people now (sales and tech) and more selling and coercing to get the merchant to switch processors when necessary, (which was never a 100% sure thing even when justified), all of this leading to lost deals.

I think it'll be more efficient to setup some weekly reconciliation, with an automatic refund at the end of each week as needed.
Lockboxes are definitely harder to set up, which is why ACH same-day funding became popular. Then people started taking advantage of this and now we're in this mess. Franklin, come up with a system to do the remitting and sell it. Fundkite came up with a system, I don't think they're interested in selling it, but it's certainly the best of both worlds. Also, add an option for "ceiling", I don't think that Fundkite does that. It mirrors CC splits and Fundbox, but the only thing is that you need to convince the merchant to allow the Plaid link to their bank account to stay for the course of the advance. If a funder would be smart, they'd also allow for add-ons (like TMR and Quikstone) to separate themselves from the pack to give that extra reason to stay with them. (Also, because there's monitoring, keeps them on their honor not to stack....)