Merchants ghosting me
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Merchants ghosting me

I have almost 9 approvals in the last 2 weeks where the merchants just ghosted me, they don't pickup the calls, they don't answer texts and or reply to emails.

Have you guys experienced this before? what do you do?

What am I doing wrong here?

They don't pickup or get on a call for me to even pitch the offer, it's not like I presented the offer and they were not happy with the rate!

Thanks in advance

Senior Member Reputation points: 53553 JasonBishop's Avatar

Phones showing up as spam?

Senior Member Reputation points: 22201

Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    I have almost 9 approvals in the last 2 weeks where the merchants just ghosted me, they don't pickup the calls, they don't answer texts and or reply to emails.

They don't pickup or get on a call for me to even pitch the offer, it's not like I presented the offer and they were not happy with the rate!

Thanks in advance
    Reachout to me
    Marcus Clapman
    Capybara Capital
    marcus@capybarausa.com
    www.capybarausa.com
    646-708-5986 (Text Friendly!)

Senior Member Reputation points: 14752

Thanks in advance
    Could have a bunch to do with who you're submitting the deals to. Maybe they're calling the deal themselves and making you out to be a bad guy. Or you're marketing to people in a way where they are expecting X and receiving Y. There can be a million reasons for this.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23085

Quote Originally Posted by brandon_ View Post
    Could have a bunch to do with who you're submitting the deals to. Maybe they're calling the deal themselves and making you out to be a bad guy. Or you're marketing to people in a way where they are expecting X and receiving Y. There can be a million reasons for this.
    Or maybe depending on the leads you buy (packs), they already got funded by someone else. It happens a lot, build an automated drip system for approval follow ups.

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

Yeah they most likely were shopped and got the best offer or better liar

Senior Member Reputation points: 15523

Thanks in advance
    This is a pretty common occurence in sales in general, but 9 times in 2 weeks is a pattern. You are either getting backdoored by one or more of your funders OR you are buying leads of some kind that are being sold many times over.

Thanks in advance
    Give me a call or text i can explain

732-757-1832
    Tim Geltzeiler
    C2 Advance*-*ISO*Relations

Senior Member Reputation points: 2164

Repeat After Me " Buyers - Are - Liars" and sometimes so are the lenders

Thanks in advance

1. All clients care is about is themselves and will take the best offer whether it comes from you or your competitor and or direct from the lenders that decline you and hop skip and jump over you and go direct to your client - Welcome to MCA

2 The only way in this industry to ensure your deals get through to your client and they consider your offers is if you actually have a good relationship with them - I have a client that he laughs at me telling me and showing me all the offers that come in from competing companies He always gives me the deal -even have free access to bank account if i ever need a statement or account info - working together for over 4 years --- point is the loyalty is important to even having a chance to close your clients - they still deviate and take an out of left field offer here and there from time to time ---- similar to One's wife sleeping with the Gardner while their Husband is at office on Daily Funder asking why are clients so un-loyal . lol (just ribbing)

By the way - if your timing is off in getting back to pitch offer - try another time
    Sunday Afternoon when owner operator is home doing the books and preparing for upcoming week I've closed many deals Sunday Afternoon --- try evening throughout the week often catching them if they ask why you calling in eve - you tell them your a devoted account mgr that works all hours to help his clients grow - they will appreciate the devotion.

Your in MCA - you want loyalty - Become a Priest or a Rabbi (i might retract that comment - Priests and Rabbis have their shady sides too. lol

Good Day
    Last edited by G2efunding.com; 02-16-2024 at 10:58 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2164

Repeat After Me " Buyers - Are - Liars" and sometimes so are the lenders

Thanks in advance

1. All clients care is about is themselves and will take the best offer whether it comes from you or your competitor and or direct from the lenders that decline you and hop skip and jump over you and go direct to your client - Welcome to MCA

2 The only way in this industry to ensure your deals get through to your client and they consider your offers is if you actually have a good relationship with them - I have a client that he laughs at me telling me and showing me all the offers that come in from competing companies He always gives me the deal -even have free access to bank account if i ever need a statement or account info - working together for over 4 years --- point is the loyalty is important to even having a chance to close your clients - they still deviate and take an out of left field offer here and there from time to time ---- similar to One's wife sleeping with the Gardner while their husband is at office on Daily Funder asking why are clients so un-loyal . lol (just ribbing)

By the way - if your timing is off in getting back to pitch offer - try another time
    Sunday Afternoon when owner operator is home doing the books and preparing for upcoming week I've closed many deals Sunday Afternoon --- try evening throughout the week often catching them if they ask why you calling in eve - you tell them your a devoted account mgr that works all hours to help his clients grow - they will appreciate the devotion.

Your in MCA - you want loyalty - Become a Priest or a Rabbi (i might retract that comment - Priests and Rabbis have their shady sides too. lol

Good Day

9 Approvals in (2) Weeks and assuming your follow up is timely, there are some general housekeeping areas to check such as ensuring your phone numbers being registered / not identified as spam. Registering Security Records on your email domain. Making sure you don't have a slew of bad reviews, etc. Most of the above responses are assuming the worst case scenario. Before you go there, make sure your ducks are in a row with your Caller ID Reputation, SMS, and Emails aren't ending up in Junk.

Senior Member Reputation points: 305760

Thanks in advance
    dial from different numbers and fund out what happened.I had this once and found out the funder was reaching out direct and offering a better offer telling merchant to never answer us again

Senior Member Reputation points: 117023 ridextreme's Avatar

If he's already spoken to them I'm assuming multiple times to get the app, they most likely know who's calling, especially if he leaves a message or text. This isn't a "spam" issue.

Merchants get hit up multiple times per day, they're probably waiting for all the offers to come in, or they went with another one but they don't care about telling all the other brokers because they know the broker's still gonna try to sell them on taking their money or more money.

The OP didnt say if the person even viewed their emails with any offer. A lot of assumptions. There are gaps that need to be filled in.