Need Hard Money - Florida Mixed Use low LTV
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Member Reputation points: 10

Need Hard Money - Florida Mixed Use low LTV

Good morning,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out regarding a unique opportunity involving a client of mine who is in the process of acquiring a nursery business with a residential home located on site. My client, a professional landscaper, has identified a local nursery for purchase, which presents an excellent prospect for both growth and profitability.

During a recent visit to the nursery, my client noticed a "For Sale" sign on the property and initiated discussions with the current owner. The rapport between them was instantaneous, leading to an agreement where the owner is willing to finance the sale, requiring only a $100,000 down payment from the buyer. This is an exciting opportunity, but to proceed, my client needs financial assistance.

The specifics of the transaction are as follows:

- Buyer’s Requirement:
    My client requires $100,000 for the down payment and an additional $100,000 to update the nursery’s systems within the first year of operation. Seller is financing $1.1 million.
    - Property Details:
    The nursery includes a residential home, which my client intends to occupy. This home comprises 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. An appraisal completed on February 5, 2024, values the property at $780,000. Appraisal available upon request. The nursery has a 4,000 sq ft Green House built in 2017 + 800 sq ft office space structure. There is $200,000 worth of inventory and equipment to be included. The nursery business gross revenue last year was $330,000.
    - Total Purchase Price: The agreed purchase price for the nursery business is $1.2 million. It is important to note that the property is free of any mortgages, ensuring a straightforward transaction.

Given the potential of this venture, we are seeking your expertise in securing the required $200,000 for the down payment and system upgrades. This investment will not only facilitate the acquisition but also enable the necessary enhancements to modernize and expand the business operations.

Upon your confirmation of interest, I am prepared to provide a detailed pitch deck, inclusive of the purchase contract and other pertinent documentation, and residential appraisal to offer a comprehensive overview of this investment opportunity.

I am keen to discuss this further and explore how we might collaborate to bring this transaction to fruition. Your insight and support could be pivotal in ensuring the success of this venture.

Thank you for considering this opportunity. I look forward to your positive response and am available at your earliest convenience for a more detailed discussion.

Manny Barela
    High Value Solution
    manny@highvaluesolution.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 16709

So your buyer wants to purchase and upgrade a property with NO money from his own pocket? You need an investor not a hard money lender. Or get the seller to carry everything with payments from your buyer

Thank you for your input.

Senior Member Reputation points: 226125

Velocity Mortgage would do this deal if it wasn't for the fact that they're planning on living there as a primary residence. Velocity can do seller financing as long as the seller wires the initial down payment to the merchant prior to closing (to send it back to the seller at closing), as they don't require seasoned funds, Velocity takes a smaller first position and the seller can take a seller's second.

Senior Member Reputation points: 226125

Thanks for the call OP. It is too rural and also it's agricultural, so Velocity wouldn't touch the deal.
    If anyone else has other any bright ideas, feel free to post them. I don't.

Senior Member Reputation points: 28835

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Thanks for the call OP. It is too rural and also it's agricultural, so Velocity wouldn't touch the deal.
    If anyone else has other any bright ideas, feel free to post them. I don't.
    Maybe a USDA loan plus the seller financing if they are in a "rural" area. You could wrap a 7(a) for this but no money down, they would need significant assets to collateralize the loan.
    Honestly a situation like this is where a business broker & their rolodex shines.

With this information & assuming the appraisal is for the entire property and not the house, the purchase price seems too high which will be another hurdle.

Quote Originally Posted by mistamca View Post
    Maybe a USDA loan plus the seller financing if they are in a "rural" area. You could wrap a 7(a) for this but no money down, they would need significant assets to collateralize the loan.
    Honestly a situation like this is where a business broker & their rolodex shines.

With this information & assuming the appraisal is for the entire property and not the house, the purchase price seems too high which will be another hurdle.
    The $780k appraisal is just for the residence.

Senior Member Reputation points: 28835

Quote Originally Posted by hvslv View Post
    The $780k appraisal is just for the residence.
    So 120k for the greenhouse, office, and business profit? The fact that the house is a majority of the transaction and does not provide any business value is going to add some complexity to it. Is the property going to cash flow for him? If not, then it is a pretty issue to overcome. While you gave some decent info, I bet there are going to be more hurdles that pop up. This deal smells like someone looking to retire and have their cake and eat it too. I could be wrong and the numbers might pencil out great but I don't see it. I also wouldn't waste time on someone who doesn't have cash to bring to the table.

Not sure I understand where the $120k came from but the nursery business itself top line was $330k for 2023. The equipment and inventory is estimated at $200k. The green house cost to build in 2017 for $100k. Several interested investors and lenders thanks to this post. Thank you Admins.

Senior Member Reputation points: 72398 Olderguy's Avatar

From one of my people:

Steve, it will be very conservative loan amount on this deal we will probably be less than $500K if credit is poor.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

522 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

We only need $200k. Shoot me an email Steve and let’s make it happen. Thanks.

Senior Member Reputation points: 72398 Olderguy's Avatar

We only need $200k. Shoot me an email Steve and let’s make it happen. Thanks.
    Sent you one after this....problem is the appraisal is for SFR. Not mixed use. Nursey is only land value. Not sure if the structure of thie deal will work. But can turn in for a LOI and see. Need tri merge credit reports...sent you a link to creditchecktotal.com
    Last edited by Olderguy; 02-13-2024 at 03:10 PM.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

522 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 84403

Good morning,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out regarding a unique opportunity involving a client of mine who is in the process of acquiring a nursery business with a residential home located on site. My client, a professional landscaper, has identified a local nursery for purchase, which presents an excellent prospect for both growth and profitability.

During a recent visit to the nursery, my client noticed a "For Sale" sign on the property and initiated discussions with the current owner. The rapport between them was instantaneous, leading to an agreement where the owner is willing to finance the sale, requiring only a $100,000 down payment from the buyer. This is an exciting opportunity, but to proceed, my client needs financial assistance.

The specifics of the transaction are as follows:

- Buyer’s Requirement:
    My client requires $100,000 for the down payment and an additional $100,000 to update the nursery’s systems within the first year of operation. Seller is financing $1.1 million.
    - Property Details:
    The nursery includes a residential home, which my client intends to occupy. This home comprises 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. An appraisal completed on February 5, 2024, values the property at $780,000. Appraisal available upon request. The nursery has a 4,000 sq ft Green House built in 2017 + 800 sq ft office space structure. There is $200,000 worth of inventory and equipment to be included. The nursery business gross revenue last year was $330,000.
    - Total Purchase Price: The agreed purchase price for the nursery business is $1.2 million. It is important to note that the property is free of any mortgages, ensuring a straightforward transaction.

Given the potential of this venture, we are seeking your expertise in securing the required $200,000 for the down payment and system upgrades. This investment will not only facilitate the acquisition but also enable the necessary enhancements to modernize and expand the business operations.

Upon your confirmation of interest, I am prepared to provide a detailed pitch deck, inclusive of the purchase contract and other pertinent documentation, and residential appraisal to offer a comprehensive overview of this investment opportunity.

I am keen to discuss this further and explore how we might collaborate to bring this transaction to fruition. Your insight and support could be pivotal in ensuring the success of this venture.

Thank you for considering this opportunity. I look forward to your positive response and am available at your earliest convenience for a more detailed discussion.

Manny Barela
    High Value Solution
    manny@highvaluesolution.com
    In summary, your potential clients wants to purchase a SFR and business with zero out of pocket
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111