Question to Fellow Brokers Re Hiring New Sales Reps appropriate compensation programs
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 2164

Question to Fellow Brokers Re Hiring New Sales Reps appropriate compensation programs

I starting to rebuild my sales team and am interested in getting the Forums opinion from specifically ISO brokers re your thoughts on a suited compensation programs for new Sales Reps?

Base/Commission or Commission Only or Draw and Commission -

We will be providing the CRM and communication tools and leads for all of course however We wanted your opinion on how to make a new sales hire comfortable moving forward thanks.

Last edited by G2efunding.com; 02-08-2024 at 05:56 PM. Reason: edit

Senior Member Reputation points: 84403

In house reps or remote?
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

[QUOTE=G2efunding.com;188898]I starting to rebuild my sales team and am interested in getting the Forums opinion from specifically ISO brokers re your thoughts on a suited compensation programs for new Sales Reps?

Base/Commission or Commission Only or Draw and Commission -

We will be providing the CRM and communication tools and leads for all of course however We wanted your opinion on how to make a new sales hire comfortable moving forward thanks.

Good question - as long as we can monitor a reps success/progress remote or in office. This is as you know a very transient industry for reps who are always seeking the next best opportunity however I believe there is a sweet spot in compensation where Reps feels there is a future and they will stay and grow with us - I personally have experienced working in the past with several brokers as a rep and many of these brokers shouldn't even be in the business at all - good brokers who have the reps interest in mind are hard to find.

thanks for your feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeman07 View Post
    In house reps or remote?

Either or everything can be monitored remote and or in house thanks

Senior Member Reputation points: 15523

It all depends on your waterfall, quality of leads and efficiency of support staff/training.

The best shops that I've seen typically offer a base somewhere between 30-55k annually and a commission split. The higher the base often times as you might imagine the smaller the split. Also an option to forego or lower the base for a higher commission split seems to be common. What I have seen across many different sales floors in a number of different verticals throughout my entire career is that even with a cushier base, support staff and training along with benefits the rate of attrition doesn't actually decrease very much if at all. That being said I personally think there's a sweet spot at about 30k or so base with a 25% split and accelerators on split the higher in GM you go. Also promoting from within and the ability to manage a team with a small rip on teams performance as well goes a long way towards longevity, because it gives folks something to work towards and pays top performers really well while also getting good help with management.
    Last edited by MichaelP; 02-09-2024 at 10:03 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 3942

If you have quality leads and great reps, a draw against commission should be good. I used to give $400 a week, keeps them above water until they close deals. 2-3 weeks max

Quote Originally Posted by FunderFunding View Post
    If you have quality leads and great reps, a draw against commission should be good. I used to give $400 a week, keeps them above water until they close deals. 2-3 weeks max
    thanks FF appreciate the feedback

G2efunding

Member Reputation points: 10

Looking for a good B-C fuder?

Pathway funding - Subs@pathwayfunding.com

80-120 days

SUPER QUICK

SUB TO FUND LESS THAN 2 HOURS