Premier Advance Cap / Modern Funding Group - SCAM?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 16429 fundinggrasshopper's Avatar

Angry Premier Advance Cap / Modern Funding Group - SCAM?

Hello friends,

A merchant i work closely with sent me a very strange looking agreement. The rep was from Modern Funding Group , the agreement is from Premier Advance Cap LLC.

Just want to ask if anyone has had merchants carrotted in the past from these fellows bc in my professional opinion this agreement is completely fake. Before I get on the phone with him and point out all the things wrong with this "agreement"
    Last edited by fundinggrasshopper; 01-24-2024 at 12:47 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 218103

Send the client to my abfunders.com/loanscams video also
    If you want, I'm happy to white-label it for you, just email me.

A client just emailed me about the same scam (might be the same guy). ralph@modernfundinggroup.com. The other "MCA Loan" (yes, MCA Loan) "contract" was from "Win Funding Group LLC." Guess what? The entity exists but it's an INC. This merchant was triple-scammed. First: bait & switch term loan to MCA. Second: Two different fake debt relief companies that took escrow and didn't do anything.

Fundfi, if you're watching, you were the ones who were suffering, and apparently you paid ISOs who did this to you.

A victim of a "tradeline" scam contacted me through this post. $30k payback for a $16k net. The client lost $14k overnight and he demands it back.

Modern Funding Group, AKA "Ralph Cohen"
    ralph@modernfundinggroup.com
    (917) 284-2439
    He's the "broker" on a deal.

(Other numbers and their "names": Scott Harrison +1 (917) 334-5827, Jeffrey +1 (917) 471-1564)

The contracts came from tplprocontracts@gmail.com, for Topline Pro LLC.
    Topline Pro LLC is owned by Nathan Assoulin according to https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nys...sultsPageNum=1
    1.71 factor rate, 30 day deal

I can at this point only assume that "Ralph" is really Nathan.
    The public info on the NY entity website for their company is an agent's office, but the wiring info for the bank account has the following address on it:
    1569 E 4TH ST FL 3, Brooklyn, NY 11230

Anybody that can help me help the merchant, let me know. I told him at least we should put it out on the forums so that other people can find it and won't get scammed.

Anybody know a TD Bank phone number? They probably won't like it that an MCA funder is using their bank.

Senior Member Reputation points: 122242 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Anybody that can help me help the merchant, let me know. I told him at least we should put it out on the forums so that other people can find it and won't get scammed.

Anybody know a TD Bank phone number? They probably won't like it that an MCA funder is using their bank.
    Phone: 1-888-661-9029. Email: customer.care@td.com would be the go to.

In my experience, the process may drag a few days but it will for sure catch the account holder off guard if TD Bank takes action in closing the account.

They have the right under their deposit agreement with account holders to close the account at any time without notice.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

wild, i had a merchant some time ago do something similar for a tradeline scam as well.
    they were shown a website dashboard with funds in it but unable to access it until tradeline was removed.
    something along the lines of taking the mca out in a fresh new account under their same back to increase their paydex score.
    they paid off the short mca and then the broker/scammer ghosted them.
    sad

Quote Originally Posted by dailyfunderppt View Post
    wild, i had a merchant some time ago do something similar for a tradeline scam as well.
    they were shown a website dashboard with funds in it but unable to access it until tradeline was removed.
    something along the lines of taking the mca out in a fresh new account under their same back to increase their paydex score.
    they paid off the short mca and then the broker/scammer ghosted them.
    sad
    Was it Arkham?

https://dailyfunder.com/showthread.p...scumbags-alert
    https://dailyfunder.com/showthread.p...-fake-LOC-scam

We got another one, but it's a good ending this time! They'll probably see this, but I'm proud of it! The client called me after the funds hit the account, but before they sent the entire RTR back.

Topline Pro LLC was the funder this time. We saw the Santander Bank account. Then we told them about the criminal case in the Southern District of NY and they high tailed it and let the merchant return the principal that was sent.

PHEW. I'm glad this thread saved somebody!!!!

When I commented on this post a month ago, this was after $14k was stolen. Unfortunately, that client had to go out of business (shut the doors entirely) before they could get out of the mess (a $14k hole is almost impossible to fill fora a new business), and Topline messed over 2 other funders as well.

seen Topline 4 times just today in deals doing things like this, insanity
    Lifetime Funding
    nicholas@lifetimefundingllc.com
    516-604-0609

Can anyone call Santander Bank and get their account shut down?

Senior Member Reputation points: 3325

Quote Originally Posted by FLORIDAMAN View Post
    seen Topline 4 times just today in deals doing things like this, insanity
    Top line guy phone number 917-504-6777 he goes by Adam or Jeff

Senior Member Reputation points: 3325

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood21 View Post
    Top line guy phone number 917-504-6777 he goes by Adam or Jeff
    Nathan Assoulin Top LIne bro real name for this guy who works there

To add to the discussion and for anyone who's searching, they also go by Nation Advance, https://www.nationadvance.com/
    Jeffrey, Adam, some other names and people over there pulling this scam.
    Adam Miller adam@nationadvance.com, rachel@nationadvance.com
    Pathetic, but another merchant emailed me from this thread yesterday while I was saving the first merchant from the trap.
    Same MO: Once someone catches them on their scam, send the principle back, and they go to try to scam the next merchant.

It is very unfortunate that brokers are doing this. I submit to topline and the max offer that I got from them was like 50k 60 days @ 1.499. Usually I get 10k-20k 40 day offers from them at 1.499. Its better then going with LCF with their stupid 1.69 10 day offers imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ffpllc View Post
    It is very unfortunate that brokers are doing this. I submit to topline and the max offer that I got from them was like 50k 60 days @ 1.499. Usually I get 10k-20k 40 day offers from them at 1.499. Its better then going with LCF with their stupid 1.69 10 day offers imo.
    lol its def topline thats doing it themselves not the brokers

Quote Originally Posted by ffpllc View Post
    Whoever you are is probably from Topline, but I personally have spoken to the people at Topline and called them out on this, and I would bet testimony to the FBI that it's them. They don't just mess over 27-year old contractors, they also mess over legit funders like UFS that stack their deals and walk away with $17k, ruining people's lives.