best tools for filling out applications and securing bank statements?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

best tools for filling out applications and securing bank statements?

Please help. I feel like I'm stuck in the past -- just sending out a docusign and email request for bank statements.

There has to be something better and more fluid.... please help a brother out.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1755

What do you mean? I might be able to help give some feedback on a ech stack. it might be costly.
    Elon Henek
    HCI - Glen Cove, NY
    Main: 1-516-676-1854
    Cell: 1-516-236-4086

Senior Member Reputation points: 226125

1) Try adding a request for attachments within the e-sign platform itself. They can upload directly into the DocuSign.
    2) Make sure you're using some email platform with "templates" so that you can send the request out quicker with a link to the app, rather than logging into the eSign platform each time and sending out a personalized request
    3) Integrate Zapier to the above

Most platforms that are not Docusign are cheaper BTW, lemme make an intro.

Senior Member Reputation points: 72398 Olderguy's Avatar

This may be old school, I use Hellosign which they can complete on their phone:

Just click on this link below and complete the application:

https://app.hellosign.com/s/JljnpJWp

Automatically forwards to my email and I get notified when opened and again when signed.

I'm sure there's better out there.
    Last edited by Olderguy; 01-09-2024 at 09:26 AM.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

522 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 28835

Quote Originally Posted by asapfunder View Post
    Please help. I feel like I'm stuck in the past -- just sending out a docusign and email request for bank statements.

I got away from docusign several years ago but it was mainly due to cost. There are so many ways to go about this, to be honest.
    The best bang for your buck is looking at automation like connecting to your CRM. You could get creative and put a few cookies into your online app and get some enhanced tracking & remarketing. You could split your application into multiple parts to gain enhanced remarketing as well. Sending links via texting. Upload bank portal connected to the merchant.

You could get to the point where you can automate/make more fluid probably 95% but it would cost a nice chunk of change.
    Your best bet is going to be automating the signed application and your crm via a low-code automation platform like Zapier or Make.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23085

To capture applications and bank statements you need a good website, and you can plug in a form to your page like jotform or gravity form.

Your weclome.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FCF Fund View Post
    To capture applications and bank statements you need a good website, and you can plug in a form to your page like jotform or gravity form.

Your weclome.
    What he said, now tie in docusign and plaid and you will rocking and rolling
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 71352

Alot of funding shops are now accepting Plaid / Decision logic as a form of bank statements to be reviewed. Not sure about streamlining the application, but Docusign is still pretty modern.
    Thank you,

Lior Monus
    Business Development Manager
    CFG Merchant Solutions

Direct: (646) 880-6764
    Cell: (516) 319-5826
    Fax: (646) 278-7322
    Lmonus@cfgms.com
    180 Maiden Lane New York, NY 10038

www.cfgmerchantsolutions.com

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    What he said, now tie in docusign and plaid and you will rocking and rolling
    Jotforms has a built in integration to Docusign, or you can use their native electronic signature which is also compliant. Sadly, most A paper funders and a lot of B paper funders dont accept Decision logic or Plaid.

Quote Originally Posted by asapfunder View Post

Hi There,

Our CRM can help with that. We have a few pre-built landing pages and applications that can be easily sent to your merchant on a simple tag. Everything is on one platform. Once the application is completed, it automatically gets put under the client file for you to view, download and send

Feel free to reach out and book a demo.

MCA Simplified
    MCAsimplified.com
    Info@MCAsimplified.com
    (718) 557-9554
    224 Franklin Ave, Hewlett, NY 11557

Senior Member Reputation points: 226125

https://www.approveme.com/ is also compliant (and I'm sure there are many others as well)
    These Wordpress integration options are only going to be good if you don't want to have the ability to send the merchant the app directly, which is also pretty handy to have.

Jotforms has a built in integration to Docusign, or you can use their native electronic signature which is also compliant. Sadly, most A paper funders and a lot of B paper funders dont accept Decision logic or Plaid.
    That's not true 90% plus of my submissions are with plaid statement and most of my business falls A and B paper. Had to do some work with the companies to make sure the reports were formatted the way that they will accept them but Funders 100% take plaid statements.
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    That's not true 90% plus of my submissions are with plaid statement and most of my business falls A and B paper. Had to do some work with the companies to make sure the reports were formatted the way that they will accept them but Funders 100% take plaid statements.
    Ondeck, Kapitus, Credibly and def not Everest. There are many more Ive asked but thats just some off the top of my head. If they accept it from you thats great, wish they would do the same for everyone.

Member Reputation points: 951

Just a heads up for all the people suggesting Plaid, MX etc. the data that comes in can be lagging anywhere from a few minutes to several hours depending on the bank. This can cause underwriting issues if you require up to the minute data.

this is the main part of the job, if you're having trouble securing bank statements you might want to consider a different career or industry......

Senior Member Reputation points: 10227

Here is the best and most efficient way we have seen Centrex clients collect financial data and other business data from borrowers.

Build a form on your website where one of the steps on the form has the Plaid or MX tech built into it. However, on that page have an option to upload PDF bank statements for those merchants that simply don't trust putting in their bank login credentials. This gives the merchant the option which we have discovered they very much appreciate. Build an email template in your CRM where the link to the web form is in that template which you can then send out at any time.

NOTE ON PLAID: Plaid has two end points that you can hit for gathering financials data. One is called their Asset Report endpoint, which pulls in a PDF on Plaid letter head for that connected bank or credit union. The other endpoint is their Transaction endpoint which pulls in raw financial data in xml format and you have to sparse the data on your own. The Asset Report endpoint is what you will need if you are a broker as you need to submit files to funders. Most funders use the Transactions endpoint.

Centrex has a tool where all of this is built in and ready to go. The nice part about our tool is that Plaid is fully integrated and it will update the record in the CRM as the merchant fills out each question on the form etc. If the merchant leaves the form on step 3 for example, at least you have some data to work with. Give it a look.
    https://www.centrexsoftware.com/wordpress-plugin

Cheers,

Trey Markel
    VP Sales and Marketing
    tmarkel@centrexsoftware.com
    www.centrexsoftware.com

Quote Originally Posted by treymarkel View Post
    Here is the best and most efficient way we have seen Centrex clients collect financial data and other business data from borrowers.

Build a form on your website where one of the steps on the form has the Plaid or MX tech built into it. However, on that page have an option to upload PDF bank statements for those merchants that simply don't trust putting in their bank login credentials. This gives the merchant the option which we have discovered they very much appreciate. Build an email template in your CRM where the link to the web form is in that template which you can then send out at any time.

NOTE ON PLAID: Plaid has two end points that you can hit for gathering financials data. One is called their Asset Report endpoint, which pulls in a PDF on Plaid letter head for that connected bank or credit union. The other endpoint is their Transaction endpoint which pulls in raw financial data in xml format and you have to sparse the data on your own. The Asset Report endpoint is what you will need if you are a broker as you need to submit files to funders. Most funders use the Transactions endpoint.

Centrex has a tool where all of this is built in and ready to go. The nice part about our tool is that Plaid is fully integrated and it will update the record in the CRM as the merchant fills out each question on the form etc. If the merchant leaves the form on step 3 for example, at least you have some data to work with. Give it a look.
    https://www.centrexsoftware.com/wordpress-plugin

Cheers,

Trey Markel
    VP Sales and Marketing
    tmarkel@centrexsoftware.com
    www.centrexsoftware.com
    You are 100% on needed to get it formatted to an assest report. This allows the report to be compatible with money thumb or whatever bank statement reading software the funder is using
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Senior Member Reputation points: 16767 fundinggrasshopper's Avatar

Would you happen to know if Jotforms has an integration to AdobeSign? Likely not, right?

Quote Originally Posted by fundinggrasshopper View Post
    Would you happen to know if Jotforms has an integration to AdobeSign? Likely not, right?
    https://www.jotform.com/widgets/adobe-sign