How to strcture an add-on?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

How to strcture an add-on?

I have a merchant i syndicated 100% of the deal on someone's platform. The merchant will not take a renewal but will do an add-on. How can I structure an add-on?

the deal was
    120 days
    33k balance

any help would be appreciated as the guy whose platform I did it on does not know how

Senior Member Reputation points: 5987 Regium's Avatar

The easiest way is to run a 2nd account side by side, stacking your 1st advance

2 ACH's, 1 for each account

Senior Member Reputation points: 16767 fundinggrasshopper's Avatar

you have 14k ish remaining on principal as they are 55% in,

so to add on any more than 15k will effectively bring your total balance back to the initial balance.

15k really should be your absolute max even if pay run to this point has been good.

Senior Member Reputation points: 3325

Quote Originally Posted by dollarbillz View Post
    I have a merchant i syndicated 100% of the deal on someone's platform. The merchant will not take a renewal but will do an add-on. How can I structure an add-on?

the deal was
    120 days
    33k balance

any help would be appreciated as the guy whose platform I did it on does not know how
    If that was me find a another funder to fund the deal for you and risk less exposure for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by fundinggrasshopper View Post
    you have 14k ish remaining on principal as they are 55% in,

so to add on any more than 15k will effectively bring your total balance back to the initial balance.

15k really should be your absolute max even if pay run to this point has been good.
    nah its the 5th renewal. Now the merchant is waking up that the renewals are interest on interest...

Senior Member Reputation points: 10476

the deal was
    120 days
    33k balance

This is how my company does all our first position renewals. If you want to give me a call i can explain it to you so that you can keep this merchant. Hopefully fund deals with us.

Scott Platto
    scott@tmrnow.com
    212-220-9872

Senior Member Reputation points: 70961

the deal was
    120 days
    33k balance

I don't think there is much to it. You are in the green. You have been funding it for a while. You can put all your profits into an add on but if he goes bust all that work for nothing. Depends on your risk appetite. I would give him a competitive second so he does not shop but at the same time something that would make a refi look sexier. 75 day deal etc.