Oh that's home your address? Whoopsies
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Administrator Reputation points: 59875 admin's Avatar

Exclamation Oh that's home your address? Whoopsies

PLEASE READ

Over the years, DailyFunder has received several aggressive complaints from people who did not want their company's business address to be shared on the forum even though it was their official address on file in a public Secretary of State registry on the basis that it was their home address that supposedly nobody was allowed to know. While this seems like an avoidable business mistake people have made, it is now the law that your address be broadcast everywhere.

In 18 days, the State of Florida will require by law that the actual address and phone # of a broker be disclosed in any advertisement it makes when "offering the services of a broker." So if your business address is your house, then you are required to tell everyone where you live when you try to solicit business. Anyone can share it and put it all over the forum because it will be the law for everyone to know. This law passed in July of 2023 and has been talked about non-stop so if this is a big problem for you, hopefully you have already made whatever adjustments were necessary. This starts on Jan 1, 2024.

Happy Holidays
    Last edited by admin; 12-14-2023 at 09:46 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 84403

We provide a service that your Public Registered address does not disclose your home address
    and will comply with State Law.

Example - Your a broke in NY but need a legal Address in Florida, we can establish that for you.
    Also Register your company as a "Foreign Entity" in Florida
    Last edited by Yankeeman07; 12-15-2023 at 10:57 AM.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Senior Member Reputation points: 72398 Olderguy's Avatar

Any reason you can't use a mailbox company with a real address? All the UPS stores have them? Never thought about it.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

522 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 84403

That is a possible solution. More than one way to skin a cat

They cannot act as a "Legal Agent"
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Senior Member Reputation points: 226388

An LLC/Corp must be legally registered at a physical address. A PO Box is not a physical address. However, UPS Stores, Postscanmail, iPostal1 actually provide real physical addresses that you need to fill out a notarized form to accept legal mail at that location. They scan the mail and you pay for them to store or forward it. These address can therefore be used to register businesses. In fact, one of the Delta Bridge entities is registered at 400 Rella Blvd, which is one of the many states that iPostal1 has an address.

I'm probably not telling anyone anything that they don't already know, but putting an address on the ads for 40 Wall Street when you're not in fact registered there would be a problem.

That's aside from registered agent that you can hire for $25-$250 / year (depending on the state, depending on the service) that must be in their office from 9-5 on all work days that can accept legal documents on their behalf. In my 6 years owning an LLC, not a single piece of mail has ever been delivered to my registered agent.

Administrator Reputation points: 59875 admin's Avatar

I don't know what would meet the legal threshold of "actual address" so please consult an attorney. This law also applies when the merchant resides in Florida, not where you reside. It doesn't matter if you are an ISO in NY or CA or somewhere else. If the merchant's in Florida, you have to follow these rules.

Senior Member Reputation points: 39493

MY TAKE AND MY EXPERIENCE: If you do CLEAN and STRAIGHT FORWARD business you shouldn't worry too much about the law made to PROTECT business owners from SLIMY characters. Who are you hiding from? I've had a few business owners show up to the front gate of my registered address (my home) and then call me to say they were trying to find the location. It is what it is... truth be told: if you can get past the front gate and onto my lawn; bravo. Just watch out for the guard dog.

We need more transparency. Unfortunately, people are already trying to find a way around it.

I'm all for it.

Don't like it? Get an office. It's pretty simple, really.