NAMAA Listed merchant
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

NAMAA Listed merchant

I have been advised by a merchant that I recently funded that he was placed on the NAMAA list. I suspect it was done in retaliation for not continuing business with a prior funder. How can I find out the identity of the funder that placed him there? Surely that information is available. Let me know. Thank you.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

I doubt any of the namaa member banks would place a merchant on the list for paying off and going with a different bank.. That said if they want to find out they should just call the bank in question and ask them.. Also if you have a good relationship with any of the namaa banks you can call them and ask them to search the merchant for you. If they do this for you, it will say who put them on the list

Well-i would not know what bank to call. I doubt that I could just call any funder and they will volunteer that information without submitting a new application. Maybe I am wrong. Let me try. THX

No, call the bank that you think put them on the list or better have the merchant call. If they were put on the namaa list by a bank they would have to tell the merchant why

NAMAA Listed merchant

NAMAA seems like a very broken system, especially if something like that is allowed to happen.

Did he get addtl funding after you funded them from a namaa member? How did they get placed in namaa if you funded them.

I suspect they did it immediately after they lost the deal to me. NAMAA listing never came up prior with anyone

Senior Member Reputation points: 820

Did you try calling the company you took the deal from? Did you fund the deal with another NAMAA member? If you just funded them and they were placed on the "list", it means they must have been shopping again since you funded them. If not, how would they know?

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

NAMAA Listed merchant

Bostriba- whoever put them on the list will not say. I've been trying to find out for you for the past two days. Lenders are not allowed to give certain information about other brokers who work with them and I am not crossing that line.

As we all know you really have to default or commit some type of fraud to be on the list. If the merchant doesn't want to work with you in giving you additional information unless YOU provide the name- then you need to move on. The merchant can call himself and ask the last lender why... Simple as that. If it was caused by the broker you were using before, then your merchant needs to call them and tell them what happened. In this case, the merchant is the only one that can make this right.
    Amanda Kingsley
    DailyFunder: WhoisKingsley
    This is me. https://www.facebook.com/whoiskingsley
    I am Here too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheClosersGroup

Always Live and Lead with Integrity.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhoisKingsley View Post
    Bostriba- whoever put them on the list will not say. I've been trying to find out for you for the past two days. Lenders are not allowed to give certain information about other brokers who work with them and I am not crossing that line.

As we all know you really have to default or commit some type of fraud to be on the list. If the merchant doesn't want to work with you in giving you additional information unless YOU provide the name- then you need to move on. The merchant can call himself and ask the last lender why... Simple as that. If it was caused by the broker you were using before, then your merchant needs to call them and tell them what happened. In this case, the merchant is the only one that can make this right.
    That is why you have the merchant call. If a broker, or another MCA called me about a merchant, I may not give them the info either, ESPECIALLY if it is someone I have never worked with before.

Have to agree with Chambo here, this is what I am saying from the beginning. If the merchant calls and asks for info they cant deny him if the information pertains to him and his business

Senior Member Reputation points: 50583

Quote Originally Posted by Chambo View Post
    That is why you have the merchant call. If a broker, or another MCA called me about a merchant, I may not give them the info either, ESPECIALLY if it is someone I have never worked with before.
    I agree 100%.