Lcf doesn"t want to give a payoff letter
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 13183

Lcf doesn"t want to give a payoff letter

I have been trying to get a payoff letter from LCF for weeks for my merchant to no avail. I call them multiple times a day and they just do the same thing every time. Take down my information and never call me back or email me. Why won't they just give a simple payoff letter that takes 5 minutes to type up. They wont even terminate his UCC. I've called every department. Lisnet Rodriguez has been dodging my calls. legal@thelcfgroup.com and info@thelcfgroup.com don't even respond to emails. This is such a crooked company. The merchant paid LCF off months ago and is still dealing with this garbage company. Do I really have to get a lawyer involved to get a UCC termination and Payoff Letter? If anyone has any idea on how to rectify this situation, let me know. Thank you!

Senior Member Reputation points: 31817

I don't have much of a solution for you, however I am pretty sure Lisnet no longer works there.

Lol that would explain why she hasn't returned my calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxforddan View Post
    I don't have much of a solution for you, however I am pretty sure Lisnet no longer works there.
    Lol pretty weird how they just sent over the payoff letter after having this post up for 10 minutes but I've been calling for weeks. Coincidence?

Senior Member Reputation points: 70961

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhippo80 View Post
    I have been trying to get a payoff letter from LCF for weeks for my merchant to no avail. I call them multiple times a day and they just do the same thing every time. Take down my information and never call me back or email me. Why won't they just give a simple payoff letter that takes 5 minutes to type up. They wont even terminate his UCC. I've called every department. Lisnet Rodriguez has been dodging my calls. legal@thelcfgroup.com and info@thelcfgroup.com don't even respond to emails. This is such a crooked company. The merchant paid LCF off months ago and is still dealing with this garbage company. Do I really have to get a lawyer involved to get a UCC termination and Payoff Letter? If anyone has any idea on how to rectify this situation, let me know. Thank you!
    I don't think they are shady I just think they absolutely suck with communication

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhippo80 View Post
    It sounds like you were communicating with someone who no long works at the firm, that is why you weren't getting a response. Below you will find my contact information. If you should need anything going forward please don't hesitate to reach out. With that said, we will not issue a payoff letter to someone who didn't originate the deal, we are happy to issue a letter to the Merchant or broker who brought us the deal. Again, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Jason Redding
    Director of Sales
    The LCF Group
    631-824-1617
    888-499-2939 ext. 127
    jredding@thelcfgroup.com
    Last edited by The LCF Group; 11-08-2023 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The LCF Group View Post
    It sounds like you were communicating with someone who no long works at the firm, that is why you weren't getting a response. Below you will find my contact information. If you should need anything going forward please don't hesitate to reach out. With that said, we will not issue a payoff letter to someone who didn't originate the deal, we are happy to issue a letter to the borrower or broker who brought us the deal. Again, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Jason Redding
    Director of Sales
    The LCF Group
    631-824-1617
    888-499-2939 ext. 127
    jredding@thelcfgroup.com
    So the person who signed the payoff letter dated yesterday no longer works at your company as of today?

We saw your post on this forum and took care of it, you had been reaching out to someone beforehand who no longer works here. Would you like to speak with me directly to ensure this doesn't happen again in the future opposed to communicating here? If you would like to speak I am more than happy to jump on a call.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23755

LCF does not have a good reputation in general. People have lots of negative things to say.

I personally, have had very decent experiences with them.. and slowly have been sending more/funding more with them...

Only thing that is crazy annoying ... they will stip hard on a 3K deal like its a 150K deal

As an ISO who has funded a decent amount of deals with LCF and was ultimately cutoff(another story)I've never had any issue with LCF's integrity. In my experience, the LCF slander is probably misguided. If I could fund every single deal at my shop with LCF, I would

Senior Member Reputation points: 39065

Quote Originally Posted by goatFunding View Post
    LCF does not have a good reputation in general. People have lots of negative things to say.

I personally, have had very decent experiences with them.. and slowly have been sending more/funding more with them...

Only thing that is crazy annoying ... they will stip hard on a 3K deal like its a 150K deal
    They filed hundreds of cojs before they were banned. What do you expect? You think they're a good ****ing company?

Senior Member Reputation points: 39065

Quote Originally Posted by letsgetmoney View Post
    As an ISO who has funded a decent amount of deals with LCF and was ultimately cutoff(another story)I've never had any issue with LCF's integrity. In my experience, the LCF slander is probably misguided. If I could fund every single deal at my shop with LCF, I would
    This was for you.

They filed hundreds of cojs before they were banned. What do you expect? You think they're a good ****ing company?

Quote Originally Posted by Zonefund View Post
    This was for you.

I'm not really here to change your opinion, sharing my personal experience. As an ISO, I have NEVER had an issue where LCF was unfair to our company. My only issue is they cut us off after a period where we had a low conversion rate. With that said, COJ's were a very big part of the business and I haven't personally reviewed every COJ LCF filed. They fund higher risk paper, I wouldn't be surprised if they simply batched all the slow paying and defaulting merchants into one. If you don't want to work with them because they filed COJ's on merchant's that weren't paying, how do you feel about the companies that have filed COJ's on merchants that ARE paying because they stacked or missed one payment and didn't respond that day?

Quote Originally Posted by The LCF Group View Post
    It sounds like you were communicating with someone who no long works at the firm, that is why you weren't getting a response. Below you will find my contact information. If you should need anything going forward please don't hesitate to reach out. With that said, we will not issue a payoff letter to someone who didn't originate the deal, we are happy to issue a letter to the borrower or broker who brought us the deal. Again, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Jason Redding
    Director of Sales
    The LCF Group
    631-824-1617
    888-499-2939 ext. 127
    jredding@thelcfgroup.com
    Why would you EVER call a merchant a borrower in the merchant cash advance field?

Is LCF a MCA funder or providing loans?

Senior Member Reputation points: 226631

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy_ View Post
    Why would you EVER call a merchant a borrower in the merchant cash advance field?

Is LCF a MCA funder or providing loans?
    Ozzy, you're late the party. It's become really normal in the past year or so on DF for people to call themselves "lenders" in the MCA world and it's getting really annoying calling them ALL out on it. Even established ones, all the new ISO reps are using it. Very few are stamping it out (although I saw a few years ago that Elevate uses filters on their emails at work to prevent anyone from using that term, and correcting merchants if it ever does come up.)

Sorry, I worked at Ondeck for a number of years and was responding quickly and used the wrong term due to old habits. I have corrected it and just to be clear, LCF only provides revenue based financing, MCA's. We do not provide loans or have borrowers.

Senior Member Reputation points: 118163 ridextreme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy_ View Post
    Why would you EVER call a home builder a merchant?

Are you saying you always ask your merchants "Would you like me to purchase some of your future receivables?"