Fun times with the Brokers Nightmare Part 4
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 124096 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Cool Fun times with the Brokers Nightmare Part 4

To another great story I have to share.

Names omitted to protect this persons identity.

Deal comes to me, quick deal. Two owner deal, dealt mostly with one owner. I let the owner I have been talking to that at the end I will need the second owner so I can complete the full file and have it funded.

Owner says "Well the owner has an actual job so I don't know if they will be available."

Well sh!t, I let him know I cant wire the funds until I get to speak with the second owner.

I let the broker know (young rookie) I wont be able to finish the deal until I complete the funding call with both owners.

Broker: "ok ok let me get back to you!"

Hours later, about a dozen calls with the broker who keeps saying "I'm just making sure." (even while on the funding call with the owners!!), we get the deal closed and funded.

Leave myself a little note to keep an eye out as the rook did nothing but sound the horn of honor of the infamous flag of the red.

Next day I get a call from the Merchant I was speaking with the whole time, "What is this extra monies you are charging me!??!?"

Oh man, the infamous PEE ESS EFFY trick.

I call the young rook, kindly ask them to address this now or risk no monies all around.

"I'll handle it" the rook says. The lie detector test determined that was a lie! In fact, a nice little carrot dangled over the poor Merchants promising a pot of gold at the end of the journey. (Proof was provided)

Call back the rook, "So are we giving back their money, or do I have to tell your Boss?"

"What do you mean, bro?"

F around and find out mode: Activated...… I lock on hard, I aimed with precision.

I read back, word for word the messages they sent, dangling the carrot over these poor souls. "So are we going to give them their money back or do I tell your Boss?"

Money was returned, while I was on the phone with the rook.

Merchant saved from the nonsense, for now.

Until we meet again.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Senior Member Reputation points: 3942

BRAVO my brother!

Senior Member Reputation points: 10476

Quote Originally Posted by BR-Nightmare View Post
    To another great story I have to share.

Names omitted to protect this persons identity.

Deal comes to me, quick deal. Two owner deal, dealt mostly with one owner. I let the owner I have been talking to that at the end I will need the second owner so I can complete the full file and have it funded.

Owner says "Well the owner has an actual job so I don't know if they will be available."

Well sh!t, I let him know I cant wire the funds until I get to speak with the second owner.

I let the broker know (young rookie) I wont be able to finish the deal until I complete the funding call with both owners.

Broker: "ok ok let me get back to you!"

Hours later, about a dozen calls with the broker who keeps saying "I'm just making sure." (even while on the funding call with the owners!!), we get the deal closed and funded.

Leave myself a little note to keep an eye out as the rook did nothing but sound the horn of honor of the infamous flag of the red.

Next day I get a call from the Merchant I was speaking with the whole time, "What is this extra monies you are charging me!??!?"

Oh man, the infamous PEE ESS EFFY trick.

I call the young rook, kindly ask them to address this now or risk no monies all around.

"I'll handle it" the rook says. The lie detector test determined that was a lie! In fact, a nice little carrot dangled over the poor Merchants promising a pot of gold at the end of the journey. (Proof was provided)

Call back the rook, "So are we giving back their money, or do I have to tell your Boss?"

"What do you mean, bro?"

F around and find out mode: Activated...… I lock on hard, I aimed with precision.

I read back, word for word the messages they sent, dangling the carrot over these poor souls. "So are we going to give them their money back or do I tell your Boss?"

Money was returned, while I was on the phone with the rook.

Merchant saved from the nonsense, for now.

Until we meet again.
    It is bad that we have to deal with this stuff as funders to get deals done. It is just as bad for good brokers that have to compete against this stuff. This industry needs to be cleaned out big time to help protect all the good people in this industry and good merchants from getting scammed.

Senior Member Reputation points: 77488

if you need to do this to get deals closed then why are you even in sales... places are looking for janitors and cashiers go apply to those spots instead man.... sales is a high paying industry for a reason but if your not willing to put the work in and learn how to actually close deals then build a career as one of the top walmart janitors you can possibly be and start as early as possible

Senior Member Reputation points: 31817

I just was explaining to a new rep of mine that the hardest thing to compete with as a broker is another broker who is willing to lie to get a deal done.

Senior Member Reputation points: 124096 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oxforddan View Post
    I just was explaining to a new rep of mine that the hardest thing to compete with as a broker is another broker who is willing to lie to get a deal done.
    I've been getting contacted more and more by brokers who are new to the industry and I always try to offer the best advice possible.

I once thought about jumping in that pool of sharks at one time but there are so many species of sharks that I rather just stay out for now.

As much as I may have an advantage pitching the deals and maybe weeding out deals I should not waste my time on, I know there will always be someone willing to lie to the innocent Merchant to steal the deal.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based