Retention / 2nd voice
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Retention / 2nd voice

In opener/closer model, if initial closer cannot close the deal, what's the best retention process. a) give all retention to 1 person? b) circulate retention among closers?

Also do you take the initial closer out of the file?

How long do you give the initial closer on the deal before taking them off the deal?

Open to other ideas or suggestions.

Senior Member Reputation points: 3942

Whoever closes it gets the retention. Give the 1st closer a day to close (unless he's still getting stips in) If he can't close it, have an order board (list of closers names) and just go down the list. Yes, if the initial closer can't close it, he's no longer on the file.

Senior Member Reputation points: 15523

The model that I like the best is having a team lead who is responsible for a certain amount of GM within their team and in turn they receive an override. So if one of their guys or gals is unable to close they will help to move the file across the line. If it funds the original rep gets their GM and the lead gets their override. When the training is sufficient and the reps are competent I don't typically see much value in continuing to immediately pass the file down the line for 3rd and 4th voices. When the team lead is unable to close a file that was theirs to begin with I find that round robin amongst team leads works the best for a 2nd voice and in that situation whoever funds the deal gets the GM. I do think there's value in 3rd and 4th voices over the course of many months with regular follow up as circumstances often change, but not immediately.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10476

You can also try to have your iso rep whos offer you are trying to sell second voice the deal. I know a lot of iso reps do know know how to sell the merchants but if you find one that can and is willing to take advantage of it. I have helped second voice plenty of deals for my iso's and got the deal funded since I have many years of phone sales experience to know what to say and how to say it and when say things. Also iso reps should know there program better than an iso and the merchant might feel more comfortable talking to the money source sometimes and if the iso rep is good that can help.

Senior Member Reputation points: 20323

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
    The model that I like the best is having a team lead who is responsible for a certain amount of GM within their team and in turn they receive an override. So if one of their guys or gals is unable to close they will help to move the file across the line. If it funds the original rep gets their GM and the lead gets their override. When the training is sufficient and the reps are competent I don't typically see much value in continuing to immediately pass the file down the line for 3rd and 4th voices. When the team lead is unable to close a file that was theirs to begin with I find that round robin amongst team leads works the best for a 2nd voice and in that situation whoever funds the deal gets the GM. I do think there's value in 3rd and 4th voices over the course of many months with regular follow up as circumstances often change, but not immediately.

This is completely correct, and having a team lead is always an effective setup.

It doesn't always work for some shops though, because the team "lead" and the best closer on the floor, might also be the owner of the company, and will have other responsibilities that make him unable to close at the time he's needed most.

In that case it makes sense for multiple voices, but 2-3 max as Michael said.

And the more different the personalities, the better. Even polar opposites if you can swing it.

A fast-speaking New Yorker, vs a soft spoken and relaxed manner, or a good old, down south country personality. A female in the rotation works extremely well, because she can take the role of any personality and be naturally believable as that second voice, provided she knows the game.

www.UccRadar.com - Large sales volume merchants filling out YOUR app.