Is Universal Funds tied to any other Lender (e.g., MCC & Next Level Funding)
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 1393

Quote Originally Posted by MCAVeteran View Post
    does NLF send deals to other competitors or do they just direct market to merchants for mcc only? what barriers can be put in place in this example? i guess the question is, why does MCC have a seperate office/location for its direct sales vs inside MCC?
    I'd like to respect any lender and their Inside Sales Office. However, as cited with the example above, I had submitted a deal to MCC only to get a call from NLF inquiring about my submission as if I was the Business Owner. In other words, a huge error -- the rep obviously meant to call the merchant without my knowledge, and not on behalf of the bank to which I submitted the deal.

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Quote Originally Posted by Quickfunder View Post
    I'd like to respect any lender and their Inside Sales Office. However, as cited with the example above, I had submitted a deal to MCC only to get a call from NLF inquiring about my submission as if I was the Business Owner. In other words, a huge error -- the rep obviously meant to call the merchant without my knowledge, and not on behalf of the bank to which I submitted the deal.
    That definitely looks fishy. The fact that the agent was contacted and not the business owner raises a big red flag.

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quickfunder View Post
    MCC has been busted multiple times for deals "magically" appearing on NLF's desk. Of course, NLF gets premier pricing over others (except for Jared). Thought that had disappeared after Levy got booted...but I guess old habits die hard