What is the best crm in your opinion and why?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Question What is the best crm in your opinion and why?

What is your favorite CRM? Which is best? Worse? What are all the bigger lenders using? any hottakes welcome

Senior Member Reputation points: 31326

Centrex keeps crashing.
    MCATrack will keep your data.
    Salesforce is solid but idk if its made for MCA.

At the end of the day you cant trust anyone with all your data. Your safest bet is to pay someone 10-15k to make one for you.

Senior Member Reputation points: 28835

Quote Originally Posted by happyman View Post
    Centrex keeps crashing.
    MCATrack will keep your data.
    Salesforce is solid but idk if its made for MCA.

At the end of the day you cant trust anyone with all your data. Your safest bet is to pay someone 10-15k to make one for you.
    There is no way you can build a CRM for 15k. Salesforce plus 15k worth of configuration, you will have something but still missing "standard" MCA items

Senior Member Reputation points: 10227

Quote Originally Posted by TheDutchess View Post
    What is your favorite CRM? Which is best? Worse? What are all the bigger lenders using? any hottakes welcome
    I would very much agree with @mistamca as there is not a chance that you can get a productive and efficient CRM custom made for the MCA space or corporate lending space in general for $10k - $15k. If it was a typo and @happyman meant $100k to $150k thats better but you still won't get what you want out of it and then you have to maintain it and host it etc etc. Our setup fees here at Centrex can be $10k to $15k. Unless your business plan says you are going to be a tech company, building your own CRM is a complete waist of money and time. You will 100% regret that decision.

Centrex
    www.centrexsoftware.com
    Great solution where we bring lots of tech under one roof dedicated to the corporate finance industry. Yes, we have had some infrastructure issues over the last year as we grew very fast but a very large majority of those issues have been fixed. Still not perfect which I would argue no platform is perfect.

At the end of the day, and everyone on this forum knows my style and has heard me say this at all the conferences, what do you value in a software platform? Start there. Once you have come to peace with what you value, find a platform that will entertain those values. Centrex isn't for everyone and neither is SalesForce or MCA track/suite, Convergehub, etc etc etc. You must do your research and find the platform that vibes with you and your values and goals.

My thoughts.

Cheers,

Trey Markel
    tmarkel@centrexsoftware.com
    888-622-5810
    www.centrexsoftware.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 64261

Quote Originally Posted by treymarkel View Post
    I would very much agree with @mistamca as there is not a chance that you can get a productive and efficient CRM custom made for the MCA space or corporate lending space in general for $10k - $15k. If it was a typo and @happyman meant $100k to $150k thats better but you still won't get what you want out of it and then you have to maintain it and host it etc etc. Our setup fees here at Centrex can be $10k to $15k. Unless your business plan says you are going to be a tech company, building your own CRM is a complete waist of money and time. You will 100% regret that decision.

Centrex
    www.centrexsoftware.com
    Great solution where we bring lots of tech under one roof dedicated to the corporate finance industry. Yes, we have had some infrastructure issues over the last year as we grew very fast but a very large majority of those issues have been fixed. Still not perfect which I would argue no platform is perfect.

At the end of the day, and everyone on this forum knows my style and has heard me say this at all the conferences, what do you value in a software platform? Start there. Once you have come to peace with what you value, find a platform that will entertain those values. Centrex isn't for everyone and neither is SalesForce or MCA track/suite, Convergehub, etc etc etc. You must do your research and find the platform that vibes with you and your values and goals.

My thoughts.

Cheers,

Trey Markel
    tmarkel@centrexsoftware.com
    888-622-5810
    www.centrexsoftware.com
    Honestly, we dump on Trey, A LOT. Most of the time it is WELL deserved. But he's built it on top of https://www.setforth.com which is a legit company. They do pretty well. I think Supervest.com is built on it as well.

You could do a lot worse and not a whole lot better. Building your own is 250K plus and then you gotta manage it.

Salesforce is great but again huge setup fees and not built for MCA.

Call Trey, get a free trial out of him and express your concerns. If he can't address them then you're no worse off. The s@#$ will go down from time to time and well b#$% him out but I think as long as he gets it working near 100% its the best tool out there. And we've been through A LOT.

Member Reputation points: 10

New here, but been around the industry. Are you looking for a dialer and CRM in one or separtate systems?