Penguins and Fine Women
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Banned Reputation points: 306

Penguins and Fine Women

When I was in high school, I bought this hobbyists domain name that was "hot!" I built a site around it - just informational, and the plan was to make a few bucks a day ads. I figured, as long as I submitted my site to all these directories, people would find me! "If you build it... they will come..." Not!

My thought was, if I make my site much better, it would get found. After 2 "major overhauls" - more submissions, more posting links on forums - etc. I didn't come up... Guys were DOMINATING the top spots with crap sites fully loaded with ads and little content. I figured I didn't have any competition!

I threw in the towel, and sold the site to my science teacher who actually was able to miraculously drive traffic to it... It was no miracle - he knew how to drive traffic to get that $25 a day. So he paid me $1,500 - which at 16 I had never seen that kind of money in my life. 60 days later, he was making $25 per day, or about $9k per year. Well played.

So, that brings me to Google Penguin 2.0. Google Penguin 2.0 makes it easier for quality sites to get found, and punishes sites (Webmasters) who do things like engaging in link schemes, keyword stuffing amongst other things. For me, Google is a few years too late!

Links are still very important SEO. Google just wants you to have quality links. Let's say there's one guy who is able to "be friendly" *hint* with 100 EXCEPTIONALLY large women every year, and there is a guy who is "becoming friends" with 10 PHENOMENALLY gorgeous women every year, and you needed tips, who are you going to? Who is the "real playa?"

So I guess if guys start producing great content (get your suit and tie on) and hooking up with hot chicks (links from important sites) there's a ton of money to be made in organic search.

Go find a date!

/End rant
    Last edited by JayBallentine; 05-23-2013 at 09:10 AM.