is texting merchants still working ?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

is texting merchants still working ?

is texting worth it anymore ? Or is it a waste of money ? Curious to know your opinions

Senior Member Reputation points: 13183

Quote Originally Posted by super View Post
    is texting worth it anymore ? Or is it a waste of money ? Curious to know your opinions
    It was heavily dependent on data of course, some lists would get 5 out of 10 response rate on like 5k texts and others would get zero for the same amount. Emailing has always been most consistent for me though.

What email provider will you recommend? I was using Gmass and its just a waste of my time

Senior Member Reputation points: 13183

Quote Originally Posted by Titokolos View Post
    What email provider will you recommend? I was using Gmass and its just a waste of my time
    I recommend making your own smtp server, after a specific "warm-up" period, you can send unlimited emails. PM me for more details if you're interested.

Member Reputation points: 179 fundfialex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhippo80 View Post
    I recommend making your own smtp server, after a specific "warm-up" period, you can send unlimited emails. PM me for more details if you're interested.
    That's good advice. I'd stick with texting as well. I have brokers tell me they have a lot of results with texting - pitching/ closing .
    Last edited by fundfialex; 08-21-2023 at 03:21 PM. Reason: sentence cut off *
    FUNDFI
    Alex Davis
    Director of ISO relations.
    Alex@fundfimerchantfunding.com

www.fundfimerchantfunding.com/
    https://www.linkedin.com/company/fundfi-merchant-funding/
    Office Number : (929) 277-0182

Senior Member Reputation points: 13711

Quote Originally Posted by fundfialex View Post
    That's good advice. I'd stick with texting as well. I have brokers tell me they have a lot of results with texting - pitching/ closing .
    texting can work but you need to work the system and set up right

First off the carriers get millions of spam messages a day they work had to block spam, so your message needs to change often as they detect spam by looking fo rthe same message and or url being sent to multiple people at the same time.

You need to ensure your messages get delivered good data or not if the carrier blocks you because your URL is on a block list you wont get any responses.

Second you need a good message, some of these messages i see are terrible, make sure your messaging is clear concise and makes sense.

Member Reputation points: 179 fundfialex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PopCrumbs View Post
    texting can work but you need to work the system and set up right

First off the carriers get millions of spam messages a day they work had to block spam, so your message needs to change often as they detect spam by looking fo rthe same message and or url being sent to multiple people at the same time.

You need to ensure your messages get delivered good data or not if the carrier blocks you because your URL is on a block list you wont get any responses.

Second you need a good message, some of these messages i see are terrible, make sure your messaging is clear concise and makes sense.
    100% - right on all points. A few who go heavy into texting have told me that they use AI to help customize / differentiate the intro pitches to avoid spam detection , would also look into incorporating that.
    FUNDFI
    Alex Davis
    Director of ISO relations.
    Alex@fundfimerchantfunding.com

www.fundfimerchantfunding.com/
    https://www.linkedin.com/company/fundfi-merchant-funding/
    Office Number : (929) 277-0182

Senior Member Reputation points: 28835

Quote Originally Posted by goldenhippo80 View Post
    This is mostly right. You can send unlimited emails but you will never deliver unlimited emails. You need a minimum of 2 mail servers to make it work plus a frontend app to make it flow. The big thing is not acting like a spammer but 90%+ of brokers market like a spammer.

There are a lot of ways to get ideas on how to execute this. The best has been running a VM and making the cookies think Im a business owner and sign up for funding. You will receive a bunch of copy and then do the exact opposite to drive responses and push leads further down the funnel

This strategy has proven very well in the last 12 months with email and texting

With 10DLC or without still if you are going to use words and sentences which are easily "spammable" still you are going to receive a lot of issues.

Try to send messages more personalized and without capital letters.

Also based on my experience if you are going to use words like: Funding, Terms, Payoff you are going to get spammed 20-23%

Senior Member Reputation points: 118163 ridextreme's Avatar

Texting works but your numbers get flagged quickly, every carrier is different.

The federal DNC registry doesn't include business to business calls. That's only for consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
    Texting works but your numbers get flagged quickly, every carrier is different.

The federal DNC registry doesn't include business to business calls. That's only for consumers.
    However, a lot of the data being passed around is a business owners cell phone so if its not the listed business number and on the DNC you can be liable.

Senior Member Reputation points: 1755

I use a wire STOP still. It seems to STOP work for me STOP.
    Elon Henek
    HCI - Glen Cove, NY
    Main: 1-516-676-1854
    Cell: 1-516-236-4086

Most of you are seeing poor results from your texting campaigns arent you?

A2P 10DLC, google it thats why

As of Sept 1 this is a carrier requirement in order to not get your messages blocked.

The amount of text ive gotten has dropped like 10X, so i know most of you are struggling to figure it out.

Thats my Monday bone ill throw at ya.

I think one should communicate with the merchants in your pipeline in as many ways as possible (email, text, occasional call, etc).

Its about building a relationship and not just pushing sales and products all the time.

I sell a ton of data to brokers. I am not new in the space. Majority of my guys capitalize on Text blasts. They WORK! if you untilize your data list properly with all 3 marketing techniques, its great. Same Data list for Cold calling, Email, And Text blast.

Bes platforms for text blasts are ;
    Entrance Group & Cherry SMS
    Best Regards,

Maria Pappas
    Chief of Sales
    LANDFALL MEDIA GROUP
    (954) 817-4511

mpappas@landfallmediagroup.com
    http://www.landfallmediagroup.com