Setting the Record Straight
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Administrator Reputation points: 59875 admin's Avatar

Setting the Record Straight

Over time there have been some posts that accuse DF of being a pay-to-play forum. This is humorous because DF hardly makes any money at all.

There are 13,689 members on the forum and only 16 companies in the category of funding that pay to advertise. 16 companies out of 13,689 members.

Stranger yet, some of the companies accused of getting special treatment because of how much they allegedly pay us aren't advertisers, don't pay us anything, and have no relationship with DF at all.

If you're soliciting deals: disclose your address, disclose who you are, have a legit website, use a business email, explain if you are a broker or funder, explain your product, disclose what states you can operate in, provide any supporting info like a LinkedIn or something. This is not controversial, nor indicative of pay-to-play.

There is some unusual bitterness bubbling up around requiring basic transparency but transparency is necessary.

Senior Member Reputation points: 28835

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Over time there have been some posts that accuse DF of being a pay-to-play forum. This is humorous because DF hardly makes any money at all.

There are 13,689 members on the forum and only 16 companies in the category of funding that pay to advertise. 16 companies out of 13,689 members.

Stranger yet, some of the companies accused of getting special treatment because of how much they allegedly pay us aren't advertisers, don't pay us anything, and have no relationship with DF at all.

If you're soliciting deals: disclose your address, disclose who you are, have a legit website, use a business email, explain if you are a broker or funder, explain your product, disclose what states you can operate in, provide any supporting info like a LinkedIn or something. This is not controversial, nor indicative of pay-to-play.

There is some unusual bitterness bubbling up around requiring basic transparency but transparency is necessary.
    If DailyFunder doesn’t make much money, then why not offer a premium product so you have a freemium offering?

You have such a dialed in audience with strong engagement, I’m surprised that you aren’t capitalizing on it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 84403

Admin - Many of us appreciate your efforts at maintaining this Forum.
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Member Reputation points: 179 fundfialex's Avatar

Appreciate everything you do Admin.
    FUNDFI
    Alex Davis
    Director of ISO relations.
    Alex@fundfimerchantfunding.com

www.fundfimerchantfunding.com/
    https://www.linkedin.com/company/fundfi-merchant-funding/
    Office Number : (929) 277-0182

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Team Admin
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Quote Originally Posted by mistamca View Post
    If DailyFunder doesn’t make much money, then why not offer a premium product
    What would you envision as a premium offering on here?

Senior Member Reputation points: 57653

This is actual a helpful statement that should be posted in the Main Forum, rather than in the more obscure Promotions forum.

I appreciate this great forum, and all your hard work Admin, so I'm only going to warn you, this time. Please place appropriate topics in the appropriate forums, and please minimize any posts that may distract users from closing deals, or cause companies to ban users from responding to said posts, and stay away from poking fun at forum members.

Thank you dearly

Senior Member Reputation points: 72398 Olderguy's Avatar

Why not limit the number of daily, weekly posts unless you're a member? Do you have a system to track that? I am on a lot of sites that do that. Mainly newspapers. They they offer trial subscription, and a full subscription after the trial period.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

522 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 122949 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

What would you envision as a premium offering on here?
    Onlyfans for funders.

Onlyfunders.........

I expect my royalties in Bitcoin.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Quote Originally Posted by BR-Nightmare View Post
    Onlyfans for funders.

Onlyfunders.........

I expect my royalties in Bitcoin.

BR, you can't just suggest that, you're going to have to lead with some videos of.... um, you underwriting..... from your couch.... yeah, that

Quote Originally Posted by Olderguy View Post
    Do you have a system to track that?
    It is technologically possible.

The forum has costs related to servers, maintenance, oversight and moderation, legal, accounting, etc etc. Advertising helps defray the costs for sure, but it's really just a service/social site that's been available forever for the industry. It is a burden more than it is any kind of business. It's not a money maker despite the fact that it has some incredible traffic. I'm not complaining about it, just sharing how it is.

I hope everyone understands how difficult it is to run this site and I understand that not everyone will be pleased with the experience. There is no pay-to-play component so to speak. Yes, we have advertisers but they are relatively small dollar amounts and don't have any leverage over what happens on the site.

Senior Member Reputation points: 122949 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DonMcGrath View Post
    BR, you can't just suggest that, you're going to have to lead with some videos of.... um, you underwriting..... from your couch.... yeah, that
    Hmmmmm..........
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Senior Member Reputation points: 72398 Olderguy's Avatar

Can we add a "contribution" or "donation" button to help monetize the site?
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

522 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Can we add a "contribution" or "donation" button to help monetize the site?
    No. We don't need donations, lol. The site does have revenue from advertising. It's operated with about the same amount of advertisers for the past 10 years. More would be great but it could also manage to survive with less. A few have remained the same over the years while others rotate on and off. I just think there has been some misperceptions about how the site works because of what I have seen in addition to rumors brought to our attention.

Most of the advertisers don't even post on the site! They just run an ad. It can work quite well if you do it right I'm told. When some type of action or non-action is taken on the site about a user or post, people have created grand conspiracies about who must've paid what to have something happen. 99% of the time, an advertiser is not involved in these situations so it really never even comes up. We also turn potential advertisers down if they don't pass some of our background checks. Happens often enough. The goal is to have a functioning community where people can talk biz, make deals, and find potential partners to work with that hopefully aren't trying to scam them. Requiring more transparency creates a more functional and longer-lasting community. We appreciate everyone who uses the site with good faith intentions.

No. We don't need donations, lol. The site does have revenue from advertising. It's operated with about the same amount of advertisers for the past 10 years. More would be great but it could also manage to survive with less. A few have remained the same over the years while others rotate on and off. I just think there has been some misperceptions about how the site works because of what I have seen in addition to rumors brought to our attention.

Most of the advertisers don't even post on the site! They just run an ad. It can work quite well if you do it right I'm told. When some type of action or non-action is taken on the site about a user or post, people have created grand conspiracies about who must've paid what to have something happen. 99% of the time, an advertiser is not involved in these situations so it really never even comes up. We also turn potential advertisers down if they don't pass some of our background checks. Happens often enough. The goal is to have a functioning community where people can talk biz, make deals, and find potential partners to work with that hopefully aren't trying to scam them. Requiring more transparency creates a more functional and longer-lasting community. We appreciate everyone who uses the site with good faith intentions.

I'd say - mission accomplished!

I know of a few guys here who are no longer shining shoes, I don't know if you heard or not, Admin....

I know news travels a little bit slower, up in the financial district of your 50th floor penthouse, but yeah...., I'm not shining anymore either.

To be honest, I kinda, sorta didn't really like your tone on this thread either.

Guys, BR, Older guy, Alex, Celifarco.... do me a favor, keep the Admin here, don't let him leave the forum until I get back.

Thank you Sean for making this virtual community possible. DailyFunder is an invaluable part of the Alternative Finance/Fintech industry.

We should all show our support by going to the next DeBanked conference-

Why not limit the number of daily, weekly posts unless you're a member? Do you have a system to track that? I am on a lot of sites that do that. Mainly newspapers. They they offer trial subscription, and a full subscription after the trial period.
    i though your not an mca why are you commenting on how the MCA forum should be handled ?