What client referral programs are working for your business?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 73140 Olderguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    So someone sold you a story and you screwed the broker by paying them less ?
    The broker was screwing the processor and I took care of it....and sent the broker a cease and desist letter from my lawyers and if I had your information I would do the same to you

Go ask Elon as he can verify the broker screwed the processor.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

522 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by Olderguy View Post
    The broker was screwing the processor and I took care of it....and sent the broker a cease and desist letter from my lawyers and if I had your information I would do the same to you

Go ask Elon as he can verify the broker screwed the processor.
    Haha a cease and desist letter for what ?asking you a question on a public forum? I am just trying to understand what you wrote.
    So I went into the plumbing supply store last week to buy a water filter replacement that was about $100 .the owner had his teenage kid working there in the summer for free should I have paid $50 for the filter and given the kid $50 in cash for his pocket ? Again trying to understand the logic

Senior Member Reputation points: 73140 Olderguy's Avatar

Haha a cease and desist letter for what ?asking you a question on a public forum? I am just trying to understand what you wrote.
    So I went into the plumbing supply store last week to buy a water filter replacement that was about $100 .the owner had his teenage kid working there in the summer for free should I have paid $50 for the filter and given the kid $50 in cash for his pocket ? Again trying to understand the logic
    broker wasn't going to pay the processor...so I paid him and took his pay out of the broker's cut.....guess yoiu wouldnk't understand that huh.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

522 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

broker wasn't going to pay the processor...so I paid him and took his pay out of the broker's cut.....guess yoiu wouldnk't understand that huh.
    Was robin hood a theif or a hero?

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

I do not , if you owe someone money you need to pay him , what he owes to other is between him and them. Funders deal with this daily , where a broker will call them and say they are the broker and the other broker is screwing them etc. I do not know one funder that goes and pays anyone else but the one who submitted it

Senior Member Reputation points: 227882

I do not , if you owe someone money you need to pay him , what he owes to other is between him and them. Funders deal with this daily , where a broker will call them and say they are the broker and the other broker is screwing them etc. I do not know one funder that goes and pays anyone else but the one who submitted it
    To be compliant, I side with Michael as accurate. You cannot just pay someone else because he said so. The only scenario that this works is if you were being legitimately threatened by a lawsuit by the "processor" to your own money, in which case you I would put the money in a separate account until their lawyers work it out. If I weren't being sued and I heard the story, then I would utilize the situation to step in a mediate, since the money is with me. If the submitting broker is screwing over the "processor" then don't work with said broker again, and create the relationship with the processor directly and apologize.

In general, the relationship in a broker-funder relationship is direct, nobody else mixed in unless told otherwise. The broker-broker relationships can get more complicated, but I personally treat them the same and say up front that "I don't split commissions 3 ways, you guys take care of it." They can generally be worked out with finesse. Most of the time we all just want to get paid especially if it's a "throw it over the fence" scenario.

Maybe Elon can jump in here and give some color? Explain why this was a warranted response, when legally it appears like Steve is admitting 100% wrong-doing.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23755

okay.. I am officially going from neutral on all this talk about you... to thinking you should be the one banned.