Barriers to Generating Your Own Quality Leads.
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 19415

Barriers to Generating Your Own Quality Leads.

1) First understand how to identify your market, drill down to what your ideal client looks like, and find the language to engage that client, make them drop what they're doing, and take your desired action. And do it repeatedly.

IE. Market is about 35 million businesses in US, about 20% make over $250,000 annually. 4 - 12 employees tend to be more responsive. Find the pain points of different industries. Find the motivations of different industries (most people forget this).

Restaurants generate the least revenue on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Auto repair shops need to maintain a big inventory of parts, and the right working equipment to service the most customers. Jewelry stores have to buy and sell gold based on the latest fashion trends, but have to predict when the transition to new trends, so they're not stuck with slow outdated items.

Ironically, angry, pissed off clients have taught me the most about what does and doesn't work.

2) Then identify the specific engagement nuances of the platform you're using
    (Should your messages be entertaining, direct to the point, conversational, vague, re-directing, introduction followed by retargeting)

IE. People tend to look at email earlier in the day or after work, when the chaos has died down, people browsing facebook aren’t usually in work mode at that time, text messages should be able to answer key questions, phone campaigns should have agents ready to close on the spot, etc.

3) Then you have to know how to deal with flagging, blacklisting, click scams, and all the different ways Internet providers, phone companies, email, SMS tools/providers, etc. stop you from mass blasting.

IE: Build pseudo authority in the eyes of these companies, identify and avoid blacklisted keywords, use scoring tools to constantly validate your messages, create a lot of messages.

4) Then you deal with industry saturation: being distinct, offering the appearance of a competitive advantage, (where one typically doesn't exist), or actually creating a competitive advantage, because we're selling a commodity that most have access to, and there's no direct barrier to entry in this space.

Creating a competitive advantage can take longer than creating the whole campaign itself, and can be more expensive.

For all these tasks, you either learn the hard way through testing, trial and error, or you find someone who's done it (in the MCA space ideally) to hold your hand and take you down the path.

When we were ranked Number one on Google for "business loans", years ago, companies spent tens of thousands of dollars to try to take that position from us, which we held for 6 years straight

That was an example of companies spending money to organically create leads, while competing on a platform they didn’t fully understand.

Lending Tree

I've usually heard good things about Lending Tree. They do have a steep upfront price, and a minimum 1 year commitment. Their lowest price is $10,000 a month, and it might be $20,000 now.

You better have your systems and processes in place, and trained agents ready to eat, because there are no refunds.

They can provide lots of volume, but once you go over 500 - 700 real time leads a month, I've seen quality issues.

Buying from third parties is more expensive in the long run than doing it yourself, but the results can be immediate.

Generating leads yourself is more expensive upfront, and takes longer to see results, but then becomes way more cost effective over time, and gives you more control of your book, increases renewals, and more control of your growth overall.

www.UccRadar.com – Large volume merchants filling out your application.

Hey Franklin!
    My number is 848-420-5152, please send me a text to set aside some time so we can discuss knowledge of your third bullet point. I would love to pick your brain and maybe share my discoveries with you as well if you would be interested in hearing them. Let me know! That is my work phone.

Senior Member Reputation points: 19415

Quote Originally Posted by dwil7 View Post
    Hey Franklin!
    My number is 848-420-5152, please send me a text to set aside some time so we can discuss knowledge of your third bullet point. I would love to pick your brain and maybe share my discoveries with you as well if you would be interested in hearing them. Let me know! That is my work phone.

Sure, I'll call you.

www.UccRadar.com – Large sales volume merchants filling out your application.

Sorry to be a pest. I might have missed you. Give me a ring or message to delineate between yourself and other messages please. I hope to connect with you on bigger ideas and learn more about lead generation tactics and best practices with you.

Thank you for sharing .... awesome information!