Why are so many brokers posing as funders? We need to protect people.
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 35668

Why are so many brokers posing as funders? We need to protect people.

Dailyfunder has changed since 2015 (when I got on here and started in the space).

You have fools like Whitestone katan gold something funding or capital all posting to send them deals and no one is checking these folks.

Where is the admin?

What's wrong with you guys?

Westcoast, Micah, Steve probiz, brokers nightmare, Sachin, craacraa, where are you guys?

Sean?

**** man I may just create a website and start acting like a funder to fund broker deals. I'll pay em like 8 6 pts and make bank off their hardworking as I have multiple white labels.

What gives? No one gives a f**k anymore about posers?

Senior Member Reputation points: 72398 Olderguy's Avatar

I have never posed as a funder....I am a broker and underwriter.

And this is a self policing site as near as I can tell.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

522 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 122949 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

I catch the ones I can prove 100%

Like this one

https://dailyfunder.com/showthread.p...-up#post181655
    Last edited by BR-Nightmare; 07-11-2023 at 09:26 PM.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Senior Member Reputation points: 338265

The rules of the forum state that you must identify your capacity when solicitating on the forum. If you are replying to a post or soliciting for business as a broker, you must state your capacity/intensions. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of posters on the forum that reply to posts or try to get in the middle of another broker's deal that are NOT identifying themselves as a broker. Some of these forum members claim to be a "super broker" of very active. The fact that they have to reply to just about every post on the forum should lead to question these 'Brokers" or "super brokers" capabilities. If they were really that good and busy, they would not need to reply to every post or get in the middle of every deal on the forum. There are also a host of "funders" that are really brokers if you do your homework. Hell, I have seen some posting here and found their mugshot by doing simple searches.... To end: NOBODY should be sharing any personal or financial information about a company with someone you don't know.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Senior Member Reputation points: 226125

Zonefund, I am with Nightmare. If it's provable in some way, if a different post contradicts what they post, or if I can poke holes in someone's logic, or it's an idiot on the focum, I'll mention it. But I don't trust anyone that's posting on every deal (*coughalpinecough*), and I'm not as good as WestCoastFunding who is anonymous and can call out EVERYONE. Also, it's just so obvious when someone's being stupid, I'm not sure why so many people flock to content. I just heard about a guy who saw a "funder" in a large deal, and trusted them with a different large file. I even recommended that they do NOT do business with them. Guess what? They were burned on the commissions and haven't yet posted on DF about it. It's almost like Buyer Beware, I'm not daddy nor the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Olderguy View Post
    I have never posed as a funder....I am a broker and underwriter.

And this is a self policing site as near as I can tell.
    I never said you pose as a funder. I said why aren't u calling them out.

Help the little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Zonefund, I am with Nightmare. If it's provable in some way, if a different post contradicts what they post, or if I can poke holes in someone's logic, or it's an idiot on the focum, I'll mention it. But I don't trust anyone that's posting on every deal (*coughalpinecough*), and I'm not as good as WestCoastFunding who is anonymous and can call out EVERYONE. Also, it's just so obvious when someone's being stupid, I'm not sure why so many people flock to content. I just heard about a guy who saw a "funder" in a large deal, and trusted them with a different large file. I even recommended that they do NOT do business with them. Guess what? They were burned on the commissions and haven't yet posted on DF about it. It's almost like Buyer Beware, I'm not daddy nor the mod.
    Darn, I feel bad for whoever that happened to.

You guys used to be more active on this forum. It seems no one truly gives much of af anymore which is fine too. Either that or you all are too busy!! Which is a good thing!

Senior Member Reputation points: 72398 Olderguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zonefund View Post
    I never said you pose as a funder. I said why aren't u calling them out.

Help the little guy.
    I rarely do MCA loans so am not as involved as most guys on the forum dealing with MCA issues. However, I do run in to scumbag brokers who really lie, cheat and screw merchants. I just turned one into the State of New York licensing for collecting a finders fee for a mortgage (I did a hard money loan for merchant). And any files I fund, will only pay them a referral fee (I had to send them a cease and desist letter as they were badmouthing me and telling merchants I can't get deals done)...and trying to sell WBL instead of Hard Money I was doing.
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

522 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 226125

You guys used to be more active on this forum. It seems no one truly gives much of af anymore which is fine too. Either that or you all are too busy!! Which is a good thing!
    I'm still here. But if you notice, I rarely got involved in those discussions, I am here for trying to create good content. There's a lot of fake funders out there, WestCoast used to do that attack-dog stuff.

Senior Member Reputation points: 16767 fundinggrasshopper's Avatar

**** man I may just create a website and start acting like a funder to fund broker deals. I'll pay em like 8 6 pts and make bank off their hardworking as I have multiple white labels.
    Might as well...theres a great quote that i think is relevant here....when the music is playing, you gotta get up and dance!

Senior Member Reputation points: 122949 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

I'd love to catch as many people as I can, however I do have a job to perform. If I am able to catch what I can I let people know.

I will say the admin monitoring has slowed down a bit, that can be because they are tied up with other priorities, but with a person of your experience, I'm sure your standard due diligence can help you weed out the pretenders.

You'd be surprised, a lot of these posers are more on LinkedIn now.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Senior Member Reputation points: 65649 TheConfidentBroker's Avatar

There is more stupid criminal activity happening more than ever. Let’s attack something and expand a major problem and come up with a solution.

If you see a website that has false information, fake buttons, fake testimonials, no privacy policy, no terms and conditions and nothing backing them, put them out there.

It doesn’t matter who’s on what list directory or otherwise. Funders should DECLINE ISOs based on this and their deceptive and malice practices - especially if they’re signing an agreement stating they represent the FUNDERS programs. Maybe the funder should care? Who does care?

We get the articles on bills and disclosures but no one ever expands on how and who and why. Who’s running or leading anything? You can’t just pile it up on Sean. It’s too much to handle when you get the dumbass threats from mentally unstable sales people who in reality, shouldn’t have their own iso/broker even funder. Most funders absolutely suck.

Brokers spend so much freaking money on doing it right and marketing and promotions while the Funder pops up and collects iso business - that’s why people pretend bc it’s easy to hire 8 hot instagram models with fake names to trap brokers and stroke their… ego.

Y’all are falling right into the traps. It’s been happening for years. Now it’s worse than ever bc 90% of Brooklyn are circle jerking each other while the other 10% are doing ERC.

Is anyone wanting to open their mouths? Is anyone willing to handle the truth?

Senior Member Reputation points: 84403

"especially if they’re signing an agreement stating they represent the FUNDERS programs."

Keep in mind the ISO is a 1099 Independant Contractor
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Senior Member Reputation points: 65649 TheConfidentBroker's Avatar

Yes, a contractor who signs an agreement to represent and sell their programs since the finder doesn’t go directly. The iso represents the funder - ISOs don’t have fiduciary responsibility but they should be 100% held accountable for misrepresentation.

The enablement of contractor bad practices with no recourse other than clawbacks really reflect on how much people really respect and want to grow this industry.

*sarcasm.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Dailyfunder has changed since 2015 (when I got on here and started in the space).

You have fools like Whitestone katan gold something funding or capital all posting to send them deals and no one is checking these folks.

Where is the admin?

What's wrong with you guys?

Westcoast, Micah, Steve probiz, brokers nightmare, Sachin, craacraa, where are you guys?

Sean?

What gives? No one gives a f**k anymore about posers?
    What defines a funder?

Many funders broker out deals they can't do. What does that make them? brokers?

Many brokers will fund merchants that they like. Does that make them funders?

Dozens of companies offer brokers the opportunity to white label so that they appear as the funder even though they're the broker but they might be syndicating so they might also be somewhat the funder?

Dozens of companies are just syndicate platforms where there's 10 people in every deal and that platform debits and credits the money but all the syndicates are the funders. Or are they just syndicates? But maybe sometimes they'll fund renewals on their own or maybe....

The industry doesn't conform well to being one thing or another. Anyone can be whatever they want whenever they want in any situation. That's the nature of b2b finance and a regulatory system that doesn't care so long as some merchants get a disclosure form at the time of funding.

Do your own due diligence. Meet your partners in person. Ask for proof of what they are offering you. Conduct background checks.

If they tell you they can fund MCAs in Utah or Virginia, you can actually verify if they're registered to do so. Unfortunately neither state checks if the party is a broker or funder. They don't care so long as they get their registration fee and people follow the rules.

Administrator Reputation points: 59875 admin's Avatar

Katan = banned

Whitestone = banned

eagle eye advance = banned

blue creek funding = banned

Senior Member Reputation points: 84403

"The iso represents the funder " - ​I'm just adding to the conversation - As 1099 Contractor - who does the Broker represent - the business owner that needs $$ or the funder? - the broker does the digging to find the client, and according to many companies that fund, UW in 15 minutes and wire funds within hours.

Pays a commission the same day. Who has more of a relationship with the business owner?
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Alpine advance = banned

gold capital usa = banned