Issue at centrex.
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Reputation points: 39065

Issue at centrex.

Noticed a submission I had that was a client referral, who never had an mca, was solicited after I uploaded their info into my crm for funding within a few hours.

Anyone else experience this?

I spoke to a friend whom told me he put dummy info into centrex with his contact number and he was called.

What can I do to bring this up the chain of command there?

My crm, meaning, centrex. Excuse me.

Senior Member Reputation points: 72961 Olderguy's Avatar

Have you talked to Trey?
    Steve Benjamin
    Professional Business Loans

522 Contessa
    Irvine, CA 92620
    steveprobiz@gmail.com
    https://probizloans.net/
    Broker, Underwriter, general business loan expert

@ 24 hour funding working capital loans
    @ Term loans from 3 years to 10 years at 9.5% and up
    @ Equipment financing up to 7 years
    @ Property loans - Hard Money and traditional - Primary, Investment, commercial, land, fix and flip, construction.
    @ SBA loans - 7A and 504.
    @ Private money equity and debt for major investments
    @ Personal Loans up to gross income from personal tax return.

Senior Member Reputation points: 31817

This is a pretty big accusation

Business
    Last edited by Rbeebe; 06-13-2024 at 12:50 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by Zonefund View Post
    Noticed a submission I had that was a client referral, who never had an mca, was solicited after I uploaded their info into my crm for funding within a few hours.

I spoke to a friend whom told me he put dummy info into centrex with his contact number and he was called.

you should be getting 100% proof . but your are not the first to claim this on here

I've heard of this issue before as well. Interesting.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

I find this incredibly unlikely

what seems more plausible a big crm company risking multimillion dollar lawsuits and destroying all of their credibility to make some extra money selling data
    OR
    Client was shopping around for best offer

Just doesn't make sense to me
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 118163 ridextreme's Avatar

I don't think this is out of the question at all, especially if a guy made up info and got solicited. Everyone who backdoored deals, or sells filled out applications and bank statements are risking prosecution, it hasn't stopped people before, and it could be an employee, just like it could be a bad employee at a huge reputable funder. I never trusted any of those platforms from day one, but that's just me.

Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ridextreme View Post
    I don't think this is out of the question at all, especially if a guy made up info and got solicited. Everyone who backdoored deals, or sells filled out applications and bank statements are risking prosecution, it hasn't stopped people before, and it could be an employee, just like it could be a bad employee at a huge reputable funder. I never trusted any of those platforms from day one, but that's just me.
    except those are employees at companies this would have to be from ownership of the crm company with a data trail. Maybe Im wrong but that seems crazy to me
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

I'm asking if it's happened to anyone else. It's odd that my guy got called out of the blue for funding and is on no list and is a direct referral. I confirmed with him today he hasn't filled any web forms or anything online for funding that would put him on a lead list. I find it weird that people I know had the same issue, and even got called themselves with their own info after uploading it.

Not accusing anything or slandering them. I just want to know if it's happening to you guys or has with other crms.

I wondered why some people I know don't use crms and go with Google spreadsheets or something Google related which I need more information on as I may switch myself out of this crm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rbeebe View Post
    Business info is publicly available. Brokers cold call all the time. Did you get the app or bank statements? Did you submit the file to any funders? If not I would type your merchants phone number in google and see how easy it is for someone to telemarket.

If you did submit the file you should be looking somewhere else.

Also you can check your login records and see anyone who has logged into centrex whether it’s support or your team.
    Never subbed it.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    I find this incredibly unlikely

what seems more plausible a big crm company risking multimillion dollar lawsuits and destroying all of their credibility to make some extra money selling data
    OR
    Client was shopping around for best offer

Just doesn't make sense to me
    Have any mca crms had this issue before via rogue employees John, historically? I'm asking for help here and you've been in this space probably longer then 99% of existing brokers that are active.

Never subbed it.
    It's possible someone just looked up a list of businesses in a particular area, a list of new business, or any other list his name could have been on. That's not uncommon but if people are making up fake profiles and they're getting solicited, that's a totally different story.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    except those are employees at companies this would have to be from ownership of the crm company with a data trail. Maybe Im wrong but that seems crazy to me
    I don't know how their operation works but I've seen plenty of fake bank statements sent in from a business "owner", so I wouldn't put that past anyone

Senior Member Reputation points: 10227

Hi DF Fam. Trey here.

OK, so as many of you know, this isn't the first time someone has publicly tried to blame Centrex for their data being compromised and unfortunately, I'm sure it won't be the last.

First and foremost....NO...Centrex Software does not steel customer data. The Centrex organization would not be around for very long if this was the case. At the end of the day, finding the digital thief really isn't that hard. At least that has been our experience. Over the last 13 years a handful of people, like Zonefund above, have blamed Centrex for their data going missing or their deals being stolen. Every single time we as a software company are blamed, one of two things ends up happening:

1 - After investigation of our system logs and user logs for that particular account, we find a user with permissions they most likely shouldn't have and we can clearly see they are steeling and/or downloading data.

OR

2 - The client comes back to us before our investigation is even finished letting us know they found the thief. When the latter happens we get five page long emails apologizing etc etc. Of course no one ever apologizes publicly on the forum. How nice would that be!!!?

Centrex has security features built into the platform such as:

- Two factor authentication for all users
    - IP white listing for all users
    - Permission system that goes two layers deep
    - Data sharing options for all users
    - System logging for all user activity

These features are designed to protect you from your staff and anyone else that you may have given access to your Centrex platform. Also, with the Centrex API, if you have given API keys and credentials to a company or to someone outside your company, there is a possibility of data breach. Any software user whether its Centrex or SalesForce, or any other platform, must use these features to protect their business.

Here at Centrex we have a formal process to investigate these types of accusations even if Centrex isn't the one being blamed. Because we are SOC II Type II certified and work directly with the CFPB and FTC each quarter, we document as much as we possibly can along the way of investigation. Below is a link to our compliance webpage and request form. If you believe your Centrex platform and/or data has been compromised, you can fill out that form and the compliance department will be notified right away. Within 24 hours the Centrex team will have met and performed minor due diligence on the account. Further questioning and meetings will be required to dive deeper.

https://www.centrexsoftware.com/compliance/

@Fundzone, where I am extremely disappointed and annoyed is that you came onto a public forum to tell the world that you believe Centrex is calling on your data. We have no open tickets right now with our support staff on this issue, I have no email in my inbox regarding this issue, and no other Centrex team member can find any sort of email or communication to us regarding this issue. Without any screenshots, docs, date and time stamps of any kind, you thought it best to tell the entire community that Centrex might be calling your data. Unprofessional!!!

I would recommend @Fundzone filling out the form on the link above so that we can assist in finding your thief if there actually is one.

Lastly, this is for everyone on this forum; last year we ran a dedupe script across the entire Centrex portfolio. We were curious so we ran the query. When we received the results back on how many duplicates there are across all Centrex clients mainly within the alternative corporate finance space, we started laughing. There are only so many business owners in our country. On top of that there are only so many that are fundable. On top of that there are only so many that can be funded over and over again.

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the safety of their data within the Centrex platform, you can contact me directly and or fill out the form above and our formal process will be executed.

Cheers,

Trey Markel
    VP Sales & Marketing
    tmarkel@centrexsoftware.com
    (888) 622-5810 ex 101
    www.CentrexSoftware.com
    Last edited by treymarkel; 07-06-2023 at 03:52 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 8659

We don't need a long explanation of how great things are happening at Centrex, Please just give us one week not being so f-in slow. Im so behind because your crm takes 5 minutes to load a page

Senior Member Reputation points: 3325

^ agreed it’s so bad. It just keeps getting worse.

Senior Member Reputation points: 58222

I would like to make a public apology to Trey Markle, of the Trey Way Rainbow bloods, from Crenshaw 35th street, riding for life, for the false inditements he received when he was snitched on, for slanging illicit business data that had nothing to with him.

Trey wasn't there, Trey don't know nothing, Trey ain't answering no questions, Trey ain't seen nothing happened, Trey has no affiliation with Zonefund, Trey didn't even know son existed, until this post, Trey ain't looking for smoke with no one, unless its that good kiba.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10227

Quote Originally Posted by DonMcGrath View Post
    I would like to make a public apology to Trey Markle, of the Trey Way Rainbow bloods, from Crenshaw 35th street, riding for life, for the false inditements he received when he was snitched on, for slanging illicit business data that had nothing to with him.

Trey wasn't there, Trey don't know nothing, Trey ain't answering no questions, Trey ain't seen nothing happened, Trey has no affiliation with Zonefund, Trey didn't even know son existed, until this post, Trey ain't looking for smoke with no one, unless its that good kiba.
    Hahaaa @donmcgrath respect!!!! Thank you.

I would like to add that not a single person has filled out our compliance request form, nor has a single person emailed me directly, nor has a single person emailed our support staff regarding the above accusation. It's a bit tough to help a customer with their theft issues if we aren't notified that they need help or that their data or system has been compromised.

In conclusion, I have absolutely no problem with anyone in our country expressing their concerns about anything we do here at Centrex publicly. That is your constitutional right and you should say what you want. However, IF you are going to blame Centrex for data theft, and IF you are going to announce it publicly on an industry forum, for the love of gawd, at least bring some decent evidence to the table. At least show us that there is an actual breach or an actual issue with proof that actually makes sense. Just shouting from the tree tops with words and words alone does nothing for anyone including our brand that we have spent years building. Have some respect and do your research before you bring such an accusation to the public. We want to support you guys here at Centrex. We want you guys to be successful so we as a software company can also be successful. We just want to do our jobs and then go home and go surfing. Hahaa

Anyway, thats my speech. Here at Centrex we stand by each one of our clients the best we can. We will continue to do so now and into the future.

Cheers,

Trey Markel
    tmarkel@centrexsoftware.com
    (888) 622-5810
    www.centrexsoftware.com
    Last edited by treymarkel; 07-13-2023 at 08:19 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 64261

OF COURSE CRM's STEAL! What do you pay centrex? A few hundred a month? A thousand? What are your leads worth? A hot one ready to close? 6 months of your CRM bill? 5 years?

EVERY CRM STEALS. Anyone who tells you they don't lies. Maybe salesforce doesn't because they dont give crap about MCA but if you are using a CRM or any service built for MCA then yes they are stealing from you in one way or another.

Even Experian will sell your merchants information the SECOND that you pull credit (called trigger leads), and they are Experian!

Most large funders/brokers are either using custom CRM's for this reason or use something like salesforce or netsuite.

Even the leads you buy are being sold to many other brokers and funders.

The game is to close FAST because from the second the data is uploaded anywhere, submitted anywhere, credit pulled anywhere, contracts out anywhere, etc. that merchants info is OUT and there's too much leakage to stop it.

Either have an incredible relationship with your merchant. Or use fake numbers and emails so it all comes back to you. OR CLOSE FAST!

You'll never actually find how you got got in this business.

Senior Member Reputation points: 28835

Quote Originally Posted by CT3 View Post
    OF COURSE CRM's STEAL! What do you pay centrex? A few hundred a month? A thousand? What are your leads worth? A hot one ready to close? 6 months of your CRM bill? 5 years?

EVERY CRM STEALS. Anyone who tells you they don't lies. Maybe salesforce doesn't because they dont give crap about MCA but if you are using a CRM or any service built for MCA then yes they are stealing from you in one way or another.

Even Experian will sell your merchants information the SECOND that you pull credit (called trigger leads), and they are Experian!

Most large funders/brokers are either using custom CRM's for this reason or use something like salesforce or netsuite.

Even the leads you buy are being sold to many other brokers and funders.

The game is to close FAST because from the second the data is uploaded anywhere, submitted anywhere, credit pulled anywhere, contracts out anywhere, etc. that merchants info is OUT and there's too much leakage to stop it.

Either have an incredible relationship with your merchant. Or use fake numbers and emails so it all comes back to you. OR CLOSE FAST!

You'll never actually find how you got got in this business.
    I guarantee you most legitimate CRMs do not systematically steal data. Once you start touching PII, you are more than likely going to need to pay for an audit. Experian is a data broker and a large part of their business model is collecting and selling data.

Senior Member Reputation points: 58222

This is still overall good advice @CT3

Senior Member Reputation points: 6278

https://www.linkedin.com/in/santiago-marquez-96993854/

Enough said? Logo look familiar? Unless he's trolling Centrex.

Administrator Reputation points: 59879 admin's Avatar

definitely trolling.