Need Your Feedback on Leads Providers - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Reputation points: 159073 J.Celifarco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Buchanan View Post
    3 cents?? There is no way that those leads have any quality to them at all. I would love to see what this 3 cent data looks like. How many leads did you buy to get this price?
    paying anything over 5 cents for UCC is crazy
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234
    T: (347) 773-3990 | F: (718) 795-1990
    Linkedin: Profile
    Email: john@horizonfundinggroup.com

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    paying anything over 5 cents for UCC is crazy
    how many leads leads are you buying to pay 5 cents a piece?

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Usually around 10,000 names or so.

Senior Member Reputation points: 903 Scott Williams's Avatar

There is a difference between the cost of a UCC lead from the original source (InfoUSA, etc) and a reseller. Resellers might charge low cost (5 cents) but not the original source.

Senior Member Reputation points: 2655

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Williams View Post
    There is a difference between the cost of a UCC lead from the original source (InfoUSA, etc) and a reseller. Resellers might charge low cost (5 cents) but not the original source.

Where are these resellers getting their leads to sell?
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206
    rob.buchanan@data-axle.com

No idea but some how probably from your company's data Rob. Maybe they resell list that brokers provide them for other marketing services.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Williams View Post
    No idea but some how probably from your company's data Rob. Maybe they resell list that brokers provide them for other marketing services.
    Probably not and if so it would be a breach of contract. We do everything we can to not sell to resellers.
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206

any resellers selling leads at 5 cents without minimum?

Quote Originally Posted by mca123 View Post
    any resellers selling leads at 5 cents without minimum?
    not that I have ever seen. You will get the better pricing if you are willing to invest the money. You just have to make sure who you buy from is a credible source. These are just data lists though, not actual hot leads
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

It just amazes me how many people buy data based of price alone...
    Rob Buchanan
    Data Axle
    402-836-1206

If you're looking for a static list of aged UCC data, just buy from a reseller. It's much more cost effective. If you need up to date UCC data, then your best bet is the original source. Some ISOs find the premium paid to be well worth it if it enables them to get a jump on the competition. It all depends on what type of UCC campaign you are doing. If you're a stacker, it's best to buy the newest data. First position funders will do just fine with older data.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 03-18-2015 at 04:55 PM.

jotucker1983
    I would rather get business data from the actual supplier/compiler, such as InfoGroup, D&B, etc., than to go through a reseller. I'm a big proponent of quality data, because if the data is horrible then that hurts my conversion rates, which hurts my profitability.

With that being said, for UCC data (of quality), I haven't seen it any lower than 12 cents from the original supplier/compiler. I would rather pay 12 cents for quality data that will give me efficient conversions, than half that price and the data is either old, appended horribly, or just flat out inaccurate filing information.

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

I think such is the nature of sales in general. Every customer is different. They all have different perceptions and price points and strategies and desires.

I do think it all depends on what type of marketing you are doing on the list. I personally love InfoUSA. They have been in this space for a long time and always have been great to work with.

Senior Member Reputation points: 20323

Everything is always about price. People only pay more for high quality because that quality gives them a better price in the long run either though a better ROI or a savings of time and energy while avoiding discomfort (rejection and failure), which increases pleasure.

People won't usually pay more for something they "perceive" to be only marginally better, they prefer to save. That additional value you want a premium for needs to really smack them in the face to get them to jump for it.

Yeah I don't have to pay a premium for a UCC record when I only need "business name, owner name, phone #, UCC filing date and UCC filing party." Having more bells and whistles won't improve my conversion rate. What matters most is how effective your sales pitch is and whether the merchant has an immediate need for financing. That's why I won't pay more than 3 cents for a UCC record.
    Last edited by MCNetwork; 03-18-2015 at 06:24 PM.

jotucker1983
    But where do you get UCC data with accurate filing information, for 3 cents per record?

I get it from an independent broker who shall remain nameless otherwise he might get sued

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    Yeah I don't have to pay a premium for a UCC record when I only need "business name, owner name, phone #, UCC filing date and UCC filing party." Having more bells and whistles won't improve my conversion rate. What matters most is how effective your sales pitch is and whether the merchant has an immediate need for financing. That's why I won't pay more than 3 cents for a UCC record.
    100% correct not worth paying more then that when at the end of the day there is as much luck involved with UCC calls as there is skill. You need to catch the person when they have the need.. Also for companies where UCC calling is only a very small part of their marketing plan paying more then this is not worth it.. Also a lot of companies use UCC lists to train new hires until they are ready to call more expensive hot leads.. Why waste extra money on a training tool
    John Celifarco
    Managing Partner
    Horizon Funding Group

3423 Ave S
    Brooklyn, NY 11234

Senior Member Reputation points: 33996

To clarify my previous post, in the process of getting going there was an initial misunderstanding between myself and the Meridian sales agent regarding what constitutes a billable direct mail call. This misunderstanding was not evident until calls started. Having a relatively low marketing budget, this misunderstanding upset me greatly. However, the owner of Meridian personally got involved and has made the situation right. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Top notch customer service!

Senior Member Reputation points: 32658 Zach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    To clarify my previous post, in the process of getting going there was an initial misunderstanding between myself and the Meridian sales agent regarding what constitutes a billable direct mail call. This misunderstanding was not evident until calls started. Having a relatively low marketing budget, this misunderstanding upset me greatly. However, the owner of Meridian personally got involved and has made the situation right. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Top notch customer service!
    Glad to hear it ended well. Meridian seems to be the hot ticket right now...
    Zachary Ramirez – CEO
    Phone: 562-391-7099
    Email: zach@zacharyjosephramirez.com

1661 N. Raymond Ave #265
    Anaheim CA 92801

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    That's great!

Senior Member Reputation points: 1719

Quote Originally Posted by J.Celifarco View Post
    100% correct not worth paying more then that when at the end of the day there is as much luck involved with UCC calls as there is skill. You need to catch the person when they have the need.. Also for companies where UCC calling is only a very small part of their marketing plan paying more then this is not worth it.. Also a lot of companies use UCC lists to train new hires until they are ready to call more expensive hot leads.. Why waste extra money on a training tool
    John has the right idea here - but honestly I'm one of those guys who tends to remember really unimportant stuff, and I notice when buying and reviewing this months UCCs, I see names that remind me of names I've seen before, then I go to a list of UCC's from another company, from years ago, and dammit if those same names are there in the same sequence. As a result I tend to consider lead brokers to occupy a level of disreputable somewhere in the neighborhood of the the dude who steals your lunch money in grade school.

Have you gotten any good feedback on meridian?

Banned Reputation points: 19

try Brett @ merchantcashlead.com
    800-397-1768