Buy and Sell rates
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Buy and Sell rates

Is it common practice for the lender not to tell the ISO what the sell rates are? Not, here's the numbers do the math, but flat out, "I can't tell you a sell rate or any info to let you do the math." How do I know what I will be selling to the client? Is it just me, or does this make any sense to anyone?

Member Reputation points: 1400

Mostly just bottom tiers

Senior Member Reputation points: 13812

You should probably stop sending to funders who do this.

Usually if you get an approval that looks something like this...
    " 60k 100 days"
    and thats all that was in the approval email, safe to assume it is a 1.49 sell with possibly 10 points built in to commish. and oh yeah, prob like an 8-10% O-Fee on that as well
    Hope that helps

I can agree with that. If you are doing business with an A lender, most of them come with an offer calculator where you can customize your offer with a different term, up-sell , etc.
    B-C lenders sometimes price an offer with a “$75k 160 days” and just have to communicate with your iso rep with more details on the payments structure and upsell.

Senior Member Reputation points: 10476

Quote Originally Posted by BreakBreadRich View Post
    Is it common practice for the lender not to tell the ISO what the sell rates are? Not, here's the numbers do the math, but flat out, "I can't tell you a sell rate or any info to let you do the math." How do I know what I will be selling to the client? Is it just me, or does this make any sense to anyone?
    My approvals come with the sell rate on the approvals but it also comes with the buy rate and sell rate under that with the max spread that our brokers make. I also send them our rate sheets to see our rates.

Senior Member Reputation points: 43599 brokerCompany's Avatar

those are brokers not direct funders

Yeah, I normally get offers like what you are all describing. However, after seven months of submitting to this group, I have never had an offer...

They are listed here as a direct lender. And I don't want to put anyone on blast... ill just not use them anymore. She told me that I wouldn't be told any numbers (buy/sell rates or terms) and that they would talk to the client and give them the offer... that sounds fishy as hell to me.

Member Reputation points: 10

Yeah, I normally get offers like what you are all describing. However, after seven months of submitting to this group, I have never had an offer...

They are listed here as a direct lender. And I don't want to put anyone on blast... ill just not use them anymore. She told me that I wouldn't be told any numbers (buy/sell rates or terms) and that they would talk to the client and give them the offer... that sounds fishy as hell to me.
    Yeah, not getting good vibes. Wouldn't do that in the usual course of business, unless it's a very big deal where we need to understand the particulars of the merchant.

With most ISOs we usually give out a buy rate and let the ISO upsell up to 12 points, but in certain situations we've felt that we need to make offers where we set the sell rate and commission.
    Last edited by BIG; 04-14-2023 at 02:55 PM.

Member Reputation points: 424 American Choice Cap's Avatar

Buy and Sell Rates should generally be disclosed. With some funders if it just says the offer and term, the general assumption is 1.49 sell with commish built in. But if you ask and they don't tell you that doesn't really sit well with me.

My ISOs usually know they're getting, but if they ask I always try to tell them immediately. There's no reason they shouldn't know
    Last edited by American Choice Cap; 04-14-2023 at 02:51 PM.
    --
    Zohar Avshalom
    263 Tresser Blvd, 9th Floor, Stamford, CT 06901
    ISO Relations
    American Choice Capital
    917-267-9182

Zohar@americanchoicecapital.com

Member Reputation points: 10

Quote Originally Posted by American Choice Cap View Post
    Buy and Sell Rates should generally be disclosed. With some funders if it just says the offer and term, the general assumption is 1.49 sell with commish built in. But if you ask and they don't tell you that doesn't really sit well with me.

My ISOs usually know they're getting, but if they ask I always try to tell them immediately. There's no reason they shouldn't know
    Better be transparent than not.

Blackbridge Investment Group

Accepting New ISOs !

Book an intro call with us at a time that works for you here
    Apply to be an approved ISO here

Fast underwriting, quick payouts, professional service

p: (212) 655 9604
    a: 450 7th Ave, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10123
    www.bbigm.com

I am grateful for all the responses...

Well, now I'm kinda concerned that it's just my ISO rep (does anyone know if you can request a new one?). She is supposedly a VP of the company, but she really doesn't act like it. She always tries to get the merchant's information and call them one on one to discuss the deal (without me on the phone or present).

Member Reputation points: 851 BelltowerAssociates's Avatar

If a funder doesn't specify the sell rate its usually a 1.49 or a 1.499 paying 10, this is almost guaranteed if they dont have an email signature

I am grateful for all the responses...

Well, now I'm kinda concerned that it's just my ISO rep (does anyone know if you can request a new one?). She is supposedly a VP of the company, but she really doesn't act like it. She always tries to get the merchant's information and call them one on one to discuss the deal (without me on the phone or present).
    Dude, there're tons of MCA funders for every type of paper, if you can't trust a lender it makes no sense to keep sending them deals especially if they're just gonna call your merchants behind your back
    We specialize in funding:
    Deals w prior Defaults
    "Over Leveraged" deals
    All Positions (as long as there is space)
    Low FICO scores
    and all other "difficult" deals

To submit a file or to request an ISO Agreement, kindly email underwriting@supremefunding.net.
    I look forward to hearing from you.

Rasheed Miller
    (917) 933-3095 (text or call)
    https://supremefunding.net/

Member Reputation points: 424 American Choice Cap's Avatar

If that's common practice (her calling your merchants behind your back) I suggest you look for a new funder. That should not be condoned by leadership over at that company. However, if you want to continue working with this funder be it from past experiences with them or their aggression on offers, by all means, call her out. Or do some research and see what the story with this funder is.
    --
    Zohar Avshalom
    263 Tresser Blvd, 9th Floor, Stamford, CT 06901
    ISO Relations
    American Choice Capital
    917-267-9182

Zohar@americanchoicecapital.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 22201

Every Capybara Capital deal comes with a solid buy-rate that can than be upsold to the max --- of course a large lip-gloss company doing 30M a year will prob get a 2-3M offer with a preferred (lower) buy rate then a higher risk merchant profile....At times these merchants say we only want 30Days 1M than ill look to have a 1.09 buy with a max-up 1.11/.12 sell. (The real large brokers out in Cali love the 30 special perhaps not as much their merchants).
    Marcus Clapman
    Capybara Capital
    marcus@capybarausa.com
    www.capybarausa.com
    646-708-5986 (Text Friendly!)