why to avoid mca IPOs - Page 2
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Karen37a
    lol

The new MCA commercial...who knows ?? deep voice .....Chambo knows.... shaking head up and down

( no yelling at me its a joke)
    Last edited by Karen37a; 05-12-2016 at 08:11 AM.

Karen37a
    And the reason ( i think) people get around the usury laws is....If I am a MCA lender and I go to a bank to get money to expand, salaries etc , its ok? But if I take that same money and use it to lend it isnt?

What am I using the money for?

Like a merchant saying he needs money for inventory after he purchased a yacht for his personal use with business funds.

Lending companies would just have to be on a restricted list, like Finance/Used car lots/ lawyers etc are to MCA companies.This is why private money, risk capital comes in..accredited investors, not banks.

This is also why ISO's are also useful 1099 to lenders, no expenses except processing paperwork and taking underwriting calls. Its when you have huge payrolls in house that the problems arise. And the reason we are valuable if we send in good deals and keep the flow going. (Guess thats why "some" companies take your renewals when you dont submit enough business to them, they have to... to survive.)

Gootta go one of my lenders is denying one of my loans and telling me I have to learn how underwriting works.

I love this business, you make a huge sale and you are walking on water, life is great, 10 k commission yeahhh..then poof denied and i have to go to underwriting school because the lender has a funding allocation and wont just tell me that and thinks I don't know.

( this is where someone says...thats not true we do car lots, just up to 25k or 50k blah blah )

Senior Member Reputation points: 2126

77% of OnDecks float is owned by institutional investors and mutual funds. I think the trend moving forward with the banks shunning small business loans are looking to get into these markets, it seems feasible that we could see a consolidation in the industry once all the riff raff is sorted out.. Wells Fargo and JPM already nosing around and if JPM takes that step, all bets are off... Personally I am in agreement with Zach.. I think he nailed it...

Senior Member Reputation points: 3087

Quote Originally Posted by biggr View Post
    77% of OnDecks float is owned by institutional investors and mutual funds. I think the trend moving forward with the banks shunning small business loans are looking to get into these markets, it seems feasible that we could see a consolidation in the industry once all the riff raff is sorted out.. Wells Fargo and JPM already nosing around and if JPM takes that step, all bets are off... Personally I am in agreement with Zach.. I think he nailed it...
    The best thing about this entire thing....

Jamie Dimon was asked what he thought of the difficulties on-line lenders are having raising capital...

"That's their problem"..

I love him-

Senior Member Reputation points: 54989

guys even a broken clock is right twice a day!! HAHA just kidding !
    Marcus Clapman | Business Development | Cresthill Capital
    (High Commissions Payout Group)
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Tel: 917-521-6528 | Fax: 212.671.1473
    Email: bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    http://www.cresthillcapital.com

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Senior Member Reputation points: 52185 ADiamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MCNetwork View Post
    Irrelevant. 74% of the companies that went public over the past 6 months weren't profitable.
    Relevant. Where are their IPO's at now?
    Anthony Diamond
    Underwriter

Senior Member Reputation points: 16720

Quote Originally Posted by ADiamond View Post
    Relevant. Where are their IPO's at now?
    Amazon opened at $1.50 almost 20 years ago, has never turned a profit, and shares are trading at $720 today.

Also, since I enjoy correcting you when you are wrong, the question to ask is what are their share prices/market caps now. An INITIAL Public Offering is, by definition, a one time event.
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Senior Member Reputation points: 1719

There's a simple solution to all of this: when considering an IPO investment, if you did not get in ahead of the offering or through the private placement, wait until the instrument has crashed through the offering price. Twice. Should the company still look viable at that point, and is pushing against the offering price as though it were resistance on the chart, then by all means load the boat. Cut into the mattress. Simple, and you avoid a lot of BS in the process.

Senior Member Reputation points: 341293

Quote Originally Posted by CreditGuy View Post
    Amazon opened at $1.50 almost 20 years ago, has never turned a profit, and shares are trading at $720 today.

Also, since I enjoy correcting you when you are wrong, the question to ask is what are their share prices/market caps now. An INITIAL Public Offering is, by definition, a one time event.
    Correction: Amazon's IPO in 1997 was priced at $18. It opened much higher! All of the IPOs in the late 90's doubled opening day from where they were priced. I know this very well as I helped manage a very large equity trading division.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Senior Member Reputation points: 16720

Quote Originally Posted by kevinhenry0527 View Post
    Correction: Amazon's IPO in 1997 was priced at $18. It opened much higher! All of the IPOs in the late 90's doubled opening day from where they were priced. I know this very well as I helped manage a very large equity trading division.
    Yahoo lied to me.

Capture.jpg
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Senior Member Reputation points: 341293

Quote Originally Posted by CreditGuy View Post
    Yahoo lied to me.

Capture.jpg
    If you bought $1000 bucks worth of stock the day of the IPO, today it would be worth about $250K. I punched out a loooooong time ago!
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426