Ask away
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Member Reputation points: 1400

Quote Originally Posted by BR-Nightmare View Post
    Let me turn the tide here a bit and try to help brokers out.

I'm an UW, let me offer some advice to brokers. What challenges are you facing with your deals in general during the UW stage? (not to any specific deal)

Maybe I can offer some advice to prevent these obstacles in the future.

Ask away.
    How can you show percentage ownership when they don't have a BTR yet, situations where the wife is on sos but not even an owner at all. Yet can't show a stip proving that which ends up with the wife being on the contract.

Senior Member Reputation points: 125088 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Davis View Post
    How can you show percentage ownership when they don't have a BTR yet, situations where the wife is on sos but not even an owner at all. Yet can't show a stip proving that which ends up with the wife being on the contract.
    My biggest pet peeve is when the ISO does not inquire how the ownership structure is establish before submitting the deal.

Yes, I understand sometimes you need to submit the deal with urgency to secure offers as soon as possible but this pivotal step can save you a lot of time.

Checking your free resources that are available to you to at least verify the ownership.

Don't just go by what the Merchant tells you, see if it matches what they report to the IRS or Secretary of State.

9 times out of 10 they may also have an operating agreement in tact that can specify percentages and responsibilities of the respective owners.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based