First Pos funder doesn't look at data Merch
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 23755

First Pos funder doesn't look at data Merch

Any first pos funders that review financials and credit alone?

Have a merchant that has no defaults but is getting hit on datamerch for lowering payments etc.. on a previous biz etc. and has a bunch of UCC's but no Defaults or judgements.

He is in Ca and received a LOC from BV in JAN

Senior Member Reputation points: 125088 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

If they were simply on lower payments and then paid them off they should have proof.

Most funders will ask for a Zero Balance Letter. Whos to say they didn't settle for a smaller amount? Or maybe they bounced a lot of payments.

Get yourself a ZBL and just be prepared. Praying funders turn a blind eye wont benefit you or the Merchant
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Senior Member Reputation points: 23755

Quote Originally Posted by BR-Nightmare View Post
    If they were simply on lower payments and then paid them off they should have proof.

Most funders will ask for a Zero Balance Letter. Whos to say they didn't settle for a smaller amount? Or maybe they bounced a lot of payments.

Get yourself a ZBL and just be prepared. Praying funders turn a blind eye wont benefit you or the Merchant
    I appreciate your insight. It could be he did bounce a lot.. I don't believe my job as a broker is to do a deep dive over here. I am not looking for a blind eye. I am asking if there are funders that focus on credit and financials.. Datamerch isn't the be-all end-all of underwriting... especially when its been proven dozens of times to have inaccurate information.

Senior Member Reputation points: 125088 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goatFunding View Post
    I appreciate your insight. It could be he did bounce a lot.. I don't believe my job as a broker is to do a deep dive over here. I am not looking for a blind eye. I am asking if there are funders that focus on credit and financials.. Datamerch isn't the be-all end-all of underwriting... especially when its been proven dozens of times to have inaccurate information.
    Depending on who you're going to, they will inquire with the Merchant about their previous MCA history and may require the ZBL.

California, 1st position, spotty payment history, the odds are against you unless you come up with proof it's paid in full.

If all else fails you can try those "funders" that spam the threads saying they can fund it but you never see them in a statement.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Senior Member Reputation points: 71352

Quote Originally Posted by goatFunding View Post
    Any first pos funders that review financials and credit alone?

Have a merchant that has no defaults but is getting hit on datamerch for lowering payments etc.. on a previous biz etc. and has a bunch of UCC's but no Defaults or judgements.

He is in Ca and received a LOC from BV in JAN
    Did the merchant lowered payment and make all those lowered payments fine until paid in full? If thats the case someone should be able to price this deal based off the daily they were able to handle.
    Thank you,

Lior Monus
    Business Development Manager
    CFG Merchant Solutions

Direct: (646) 880-6764
    Cell: (516) 319-5826
    Fax: (646) 278-7322
    Lmonus@cfgms.com
    180 Maiden Lane New York, NY 10038

www.cfgmerchantsolutions.com