Quote Originally Posted by NYCTuga View Post
Exactly right and thank you. My increase request was in months before they decided to stop the program. However, that didn't stop Michael from lying to me about it. Not only that but he bullied me. Kept saying I'd be foolish not to get in on the EIDL forgiveness. He was such an ass about too. But I relented thankfully. It would be great to just get that 3500 back but I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.
Yeah, sounds like the guy you were working with knew EIDL was over and on a mission to scam one more merchant (my opinion) before the door closed on EIDL. The part about the forgiveness was a total inducement to reel you in (sorry) because I don't recall forgiveness for EIDL but that's not to say the gooberment won't forgive in the future. Some politician down the road may come up with the idea to offer forgiveness to EIDL loans in order to "buy votes" to get elected. (sorry to go down the political road) I've been getting calls from PPP recipients looking to refinance their PPP loan after it WASN'T forgiven because a "sales person" told them that 1099 employees counted as an employee for the calculation on the PPP application and now the gooberment has disallowed that and their loan payments are beyond their means. I do not get think you will get your money back unless you sue the guy and that may cost more than you spent. Good luck going forward.