Food Trucks
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Last month, here is a scenario that we did for a Food truck client:

Food truck business in CA doing $1.2 million per year and drowning in 4 separate cash advances that they had stacked out. We took their strong financials and got them an MCA consolidation loan for 120k. This got them into a monthly payment program and extended their term to 3 years – bringing their monthly debt service down from 13k to 6k

If you have clients in a similar scenario feel free to reach out.

Sam Tiburzi
    Finance Store
    240-345-3314
    sam@financestore.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 2893

I've honestly never even spoken to one about an MCA. Some obvious opportunities tend to stare you in the face and yet we miss them....... I'm in NYC so there are so many food vendors I can approach them on foot easily. My question is: Are they treated the same, from an Underwriting perspective as a normal Restaurant or is there an increased amount of risk?

Senior Member Reputation points: 2218

Quote Originally Posted by JSL23 View Post
    I've honestly never even spoken to one about an MCA. Some obvious opportunities tend to stare you in the face and yet we miss them....... I'm in NYC so there are so many food vendors I can approach them on foot easily. My question is: Are they treated the same, from an Underwriting perspective as a normal Restaurant or is there an increased amount of risk?
    Problem with many of them in NYC in my experience is that many do not report the vast majority of income. They show very little sales on paper. Most of the cash goes right into their pockets. The food trucks that we have funded have been bigger ones, doing 800k to 1.3 mill annual sales, with multiple trucks. From our UW perspective, as long as they are doing minimum 30k a month in deposits, we treat them as normal restaurants because their location is typically key to them doing that kind of volume, so we do not see it as much of a risk that they will just disappear with our funds. If they are only doing 10 or 15k a month then it would fall into our starter program.