Datamerch
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 31326

Datamerch

Seems like every deal is a default according to DataMerch. Anyone else see this?

Senior Member Reputation points: 70961

Quote Originally Posted by happyman View Post
    Seems like every deal is a default according to DataMerch. Anyone else see this?
    It's the worsttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Senior Member Reputation points: 22201

Funding a deal on DataMerch would be like driving against traffic on a major interstate during a blizzard (before snow sticks) with extreme thick Fog.
    Marcus Clapman
    Capybara Capital
    marcus@capybarausa.com
    www.capybarausa.com
    646-708-5986 (Text Friendly!)

Senior Member Reputation points: 124096 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MCA-VET View Post
    Funding a deal on DataMerch would be like driving against traffic on a major interstate during a blizzard (before snow sticks) with extreme thick Fog.
    I would slightly disagree.

From my experience, some entries are automated upon certain behaviors like a stop payment, closed account or consistent NSF's. Some reputable funders at times become negligent to either update or remove these entries when the situation gets fixed or clarified.

Clear example, one funder will flagged the Merchant as a default upon a breach of their contract for a closed account. When inquiring with the Merchant the account was closed due to fraudulent activity and a new account gets immediately opened and all credits and debits get forced paid, the ACH debit the day it closed rejected and the funder immediately makes an entry on Datamerch. Come behold, the payments resumed immediately and the position was paid in full. They even provided a paid off letter. Yet the entry remains. I gathered all this info, verified it all and it all checked out. The deal funded and remains renewing and paying.

Personal opinion, Datamerch is very beneficial. However, take a moment and verify entries. Inquire, and validate whatever you receive. Manipulated statements are 80-90%. There is that 10% that the incident was done by the "broker" to attempt to over deliver on a false promise and got caught. A login gets performed, all the info submitted matched, deal gets funded.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based

Senior Member Reputation points: 307559

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph_Alexander View Post
    I would slightly disagree.

From my experience, some entries are automated upon certain behaviors like a stop payment, closed account or consistent NSF's. Some reputable funders at times become negligent to either update or remove these entries when the situation gets fixed or clarified.

Clear example, one funder will flagged the Merchant as a default upon a breach of their contract for a closed account. When inquiring with the Merchant the account was closed due to fraudulent activity and a new account gets immediately opened and all credits and debits get forced paid, the ACH debit the day it closed rejected and the funder immediately makes an entry on Datamerch. Come behold, the payments resumed immediately and the position was paid in full. They even provided a paid off letter. Yet the entry remains. I gathered all this info, verified it all and it all checked out. The deal funded and remains renewing and paying.

Personal opinion, Datamerch is very beneficial. However, take a moment and verify entries. Inquire, and validate whatever you receive. Manipulated statements are 80-90%. There is that 10% that the incident was done by the "broker" to attempt to over deliver on a false promise and got caught. A login gets performed, all the info submitted matched, deal gets funded.
    or honest mistake , i had a large merchant that sent me all the docs edited by his bookkeeper with description for example she changed check 1205 to rent .transfer from account .... to cover payroll etc. . he was put on datamerch for fraud and even though merchant provided me with full log in to see how all the edits match up with the checks almost all the datamerch funders didn't care for story and wouldn't fund him .finally got one that did trust me on the story funded him 600k , fully paid never missed a payment

Senior Member Reputation points: 124096 BR-Nightmare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael I View Post
    or honest mistake , i had a large merchant that sent me all the docs edited by his bookkeeper with description for example she changed check 1205 to rent .transfer from account .... to cover payroll etc. . he was put on datamerch for fraud and even though merchant provided me with full log in to see how all the edits match up with the checks almost all the datamerch funders didn't care for story and wouldn't fund him .finally got one that did trust me on the story funded him 600k , fully paid never missed a payment
    That and when the Merchant blocks out the full account number out of fear.

RED FLAG, RUN TO DATAMERCH!!!!! AHHHHHH FRAUD!!!!!............ True story.
    The Brokers Nightmare
    I don't want peace, I want problems, ALWAYS!
    Florida-Based