Can some one fund this make sense de
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 148 Capital Stack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Finance1 View Post
    This is a good point. I'm not sure that full disclosure of consequences is in the front of the majority of agents' minds when stacking. We've come across a couple merchants looking for additional with an OD and NL loan in place. I flat told them that if they take on additional funding and NL or OD finds out then they can't renew. They were surprised to hear it and glad that I told them.

The clients' best interests should always be in the front of agents' minds. Unfortunately that type of old school thought is not as prevalent in this industry as others.
    Finance1 great point. Problem is you have commish junky ISO's out there that aren't thinking long term customer retention.

Senior Member Reputation points: 4807

Quote Originally Posted by Capital Stack View Post
    Finance1 great point. Problem is you have commish junky ISO's out there that aren't thinking long term customer retention.
    The ironic thing is this shortsightedness will end up making an agent less money in the long run. The average merchant renews 2.5 times or so. Being commission greedy upfront will result in a smaller book due to lower throughput. Each booked ISO deal typically = 3+ paychecks over a 1-2 year period. That is the real franchise of this industry. Not trying to hit walk off home runs every time. A bunch of singles and doubles is where it's at. Unless I'm missing something.