Universal Business Advisors - Do they really fund Pre - Revenue?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

I got an email from a fellow there over the weekend who says that they fund prerevenue start-ups and pay a referral fee based on approvals.... Before I go ahead and reach out to the I figured I would get some feedback from the funding community. Anyone work with them or know a little about them?

Member Reputation points: 12 northstarmf's Avatar

Did you ever get more info on Universal Business Advisors?

Quote Originally Posted by ygs View Post
    I got an email from a fellow there over the weekend who says that they fund prerevenue start-ups and pay a referral fee based on approvals.... Before I go ahead and reach out to the I figured I would get some feedback from the funding community. Anyone work with them or know a little about them?
    I'm presently working on a deal with them for the purchase of a franchise and things are sounding a little off. Any feedback you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Banned Reputation points: 4530

did they tell you what financing they could provide.
    the only startup financing I know is is a SBA loan, that we do here.

Member Reputation points: 11

I can tell you that we work on both sides of the fence. Lets start with new businesses. We can do the true business start up and acquire up to $150k per applicant. We can work with the SBA but more often than not its more beneficial for the client to not waste their time hoping to be approved. Our financing can take as little as 7 days if they meet the requirements. This program works great for young businesses and start ups. No collateral needed, No financials needed... Just a good credit report.

We can also do corporate financing for those that have bee in business for a minimum of a year. Most existing businesses need to have a positive cash flow and we have no limit of what we can finance for those clients so long as they meet our lender requirements. We offer multiple platforms of financing. Our job is to make sure we place the client in the right platform and acquire the financing. Many times clients dont know all the options they have available to them which is why we diligently review the business and find the right program.

Either side of our business the key to success for the client is EDUCATION. They must know the "ins and outs" and what the lenders what to see. We pride ourselves on being clear with our programs and financing so that all aspects are covered. Please feel free to reach out and ask questions!

Justin Ruschell
    CEO
    www.universalbusinessadvisors.com

Quote Originally Posted by UniversalBusinessAdvisors View Post
    We can work with the SBA but more often than not its more beneficial for the client to not waste their time hoping to be approved. Our financing can take as little as 7 days if they meet the requirements. This program works great for young businesses and start ups. No collateral needed, No financials needed... Just a good credit report.
    How is your non-SBA pre-revenue financing structured as far as the payback is concerned? Also, this sounds incredibly high risk, so what do you charge for the money? Also, do you structure this as a loan or as an advance?

Senior Member Reputation points: 54977

Justin are you telling me that John Doe with an 800 Fico just has to say hes opening a cupcake shop (oh sorry Mr Doe takes on some debt with a store lease) and you get him 150K? please explain program.

But in the meantime keep Cresthill Capital in mind anytime you need an Offer in 3 Hours and will pay you Double Digit Commissions (Files under 20K will fund 2-3 hours after our limited stips and contracts are back, over 20K can take 24 Hours).

Sign-up bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    Last edited by mcaguru; 09-10-2015 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CASHCASH View Post
    How is your non-SBA pre-revenue financing structured as far as the payback is concerned? Also, this sounds incredibly high risk, so what do you charge for the money? Also, do you structure this as a loan or as an advance?
    Payback is made in monthly installment just like any other loan outside a MCA/ACH. Because the program is solely based on personal credit there is no collateral needed. The risk is if the client defaults then the credit will take a hit but their assets are protected. There will always be a risk f some sort going into a business. Our program has no cash up front and we only work on what we like to call "success fees" which are far lower than the industry standard. If I were to say how its structured I would say like a loan but termed out longer than SBA.

Quote Originally Posted by mcaguru View Post
    Justin are you telling me that John Doe with an 800 Fico just has to say hes opening a cupcake shop (oh sorry Mr Doe takes on some debt with a store lease) and you get him 150K? please explain program.

But in the meantime keep Cresthill Capital in mind anytime you need an Offer in 3 Hours and will pay you Double Digit Commissions (Files under 20K will fund 2-3 hours after our limited stips and contracts are back, over 20K can take 24 Hours).

Sign-up bizdev@cresthillcapital.com
    Our program for start-ups are based on the credit of the borrower, not the business, and because there is no traditional lending for a true start up... the funding is reported on their personal credit. Its the borrowers responsibility to use the financing wisely for their business but we have no control on what they spend it on. The per applicant amount that "CAN" be achieved is $150k, but as we tell our clients... the credit determines the amount they are approved for. We can and have achieved more than that for start up clients if they have business partners. Being that everything is unsecured, there is no risk of losing their personal assets, but credit can take a hit if they default. All of our clients are properly educated on how to utilize their financing, as well proper repayment techniques, which creates a financially successful business. In addition, we offer free life time consulting to better assist our clients if they need it. Most of the time, once the client has been in business for his needed two years we can restructure their debt into the business and get better rates. Hope this helped some.

If you have an 750 to 800 credit score just go to a traditional bank and borrow the money at a 10th of your rate. Wells fargo has a aggressive small business program based on the credit score of the new owner. What makes you guys special

Do you have an ISO or referral program?

Yes we do.

To meet the requirements for a traditional loan is not always obtainable for clients. Also we can obtain more than a traditional loan from an institution will lend with less hoops to jump through.