Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
Steve, are you so naïve to think that if the funder won't pay commissions that they're going to do right by the merchant also and not overcharge him, bait and switch, promise term loans or LOCs, slap on UCCs and refuse to release them, and hold his business hostage when they overcharge him and file suit against them in the NY courts systems? Just because you saw them advertising on DF doesn't mean that they are any good. Our job as brokers is to bring our merchants to people who will be a good relationship for the clients, not just "get your funding here". We're talking about peoples lives here. Hybrid/World Global Fund/MNS/Brickstone/Safe Vault.... look them up on the NY court systems and see who's in charge and which side of the lawsuits they're on.
Micah:

I see your point but I can't chase every lender's history....I recognize there will always be a percentage that will "screw' people and it's just part of this industry's business model. I have had MAJOR lenders on this site "screw" me out of tens of thousands of dollars. 7 deals $1.3M and ended up with $2,500 commission 4 months later. It is what is it. It's the scorpion on the frog situation. If you can't take the heat, remove thyself from the kitchen.