Quote Originally Posted by Fetachini View Post
I wanted to know what people's thoughts are about funders who also broker deals to other funders. Would you work with these funders or are you interested in only dealing with funders who fund in-house only?

There's pros and cons to both, why would you or wouldn't you work with a funder who also brokers.
I am not a broker. I am a former investment banker. In that role I would never co-broker a deal or call anyone that has capital and acts as a investment bank or merchant bank. If you don't know where to go with a deal anywhere on the balance sheet, you should never engage the prospect. I would target prospects in industries I know well, discover exactly what is needed, and go to no more that 5 to 10 relationships that I KNOW can be a good partner for the prospect. I also ALWAYS had an engagement agreement with the prospect and was paid by them. I always worked exclusively and had a clause in my engagement agreement that I would run the entire process even if a capital provider presented themselves to the prospect.