I’ve been in this industry for over 8 years in numerous capacities and have always heard the term “backdoor” as most anyone has if they have been in this space. Fortunately, I never directly have felt the impact of what that really means till recently. As any good funder/broker/iso etc. protecting your data is key. Our long-time clients started to get random calls and give us feedback that someone was calling them while we were working on a deal and trying to solicit the offer out of them 15 mins after we presented it. Fast forward we had 3 applications that directed back to our company phone. Miraculously Lendora Inc out of California and their rep Sheri reached out shortly after our file was submitted. Asking where she got our info from she proceeded to tell us that “her boss” gets the info and gives it to her to call on. And I asked how she got my info and she proceeded to text me VERBATIM.

“well we are DIRECT funders and we work with 600 BROKERS so that’s how we got your info. We don’t usually like to work with them!!!

AKA backdooring.

I got a call from Ben Amar who said he runs Lendora’s operations for Jeffrey Essebag. Ben proceeded to tell me that this is just how the business is. Either get with it (using stolen data) or be left behind. Said there is too much of it for me to waste time bothering. Then I showed him the texts and emails I have of evidence and tone changed.

Personally, I disagree. I know it goes on. But I’m not willing to just accept it as common practice.

Lendora text.PNG

I’d be happy to provide further evidence of all of this if needed. But if that doesn't say we backdoor i dont know what does. Whoever does work with Lendora please beware…..