Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeman07 View Post
I know of several Lawyers that make a good living fighting so-called "Non-Competes"

BTW - I bring a merchant to the table - secure the funding (You write the check) - who's customer is it.

Mine or Yours?

IMO - Technically, neither - the merchant can choose to do business with whoever he/she wants.

So we are fighting over what?
If you bring the Merchant to the table while being part of our Network then that Merchant can't be serviced by that Broker or any 3rd party relationships of that Broker for a period of 2 years after the Broker Agreement is terminated.

That is how it is written up. Will it stand up in Court? In most cases it doesn't even go to Court because of the expense the Broker would have to incur to defend themselves.

Within the Network, we have a vested interest in that Broker and their production since we provided the training, the support and in some cases the "lead" that got the Merchant into the fold.

We don't care if the Broker leaves to do their own thing. They just can't take Merchants or other Brokers with them for 2 years after termination.