COVID Personally Kicked my F*CKING ASS.

I've always worked for other people, well when I was 20 I thought I had it all figured out, went out on my own, Funded 3 Deals and placed 3 Processing Accounts. Funded w/MCC (Via Isaac Stern while at 2nd Source) and Tribul had Processing. I never got Paid, but thats a whole other story.

COVID ****ing throttled me.
I went out on my own, Leased Office space, Installed Security System and moved in. Scheduled Interviews for following weeks to expand staff. BOOM, Lockdown begins, interviews off, office space empty, me and my Partner start working from home, closing deals ourselves. We stayed afloat, for 2 People... we weren't doing bad at all, I was working ISO Deals, while Partner was hitting the phone.

COVID round 1 Struck, I stayed in bed for like 30 Days.

Came back to work, apologized to ISO's... maybe got a Month in....BAM COVID Positive Round #2 (Variant)
This one really really ****ed me up. FFWD another 40 Days, and I was easing in to work, calling Renewals, taking a few Live Transfers a day... basically trying to get into swing of things.

Entity was sued by a Merchant because we didn't Fund a Contract (Literally the timing was a PERFECT STORM, we had some money to play with, in house fundings were going great and profitable, so we decided to jump out the window and basically "bet it all on black" essentially. Instead of doing what had been working (5-10k Deals) we agreed to fund one giant contract.... we didn't even have all the Funds, we had to wait 3 Days to collect outstanding RTR on other files in order to fund, and then BAM, its like a bomb went off, ALERT AFTER ALERT of Bounced Payments, Stopped Payments, Phone ringing and ringing for adjustments. It's like what the ****!

So anyway the Merchant Sued us because we didn't Fund the deal after Contract was Signed. He just could not understand that signing a contract is not a guarantee to fund. It still has to be reviewed, and can be declined for any reason - Including "Our Entire Portfolio is Dropping like Flies and its Armageddon"

After this I just said **** it.

Thankfully I wasn't the owner of the Entity at the time this Customer was first submitted, subsequently Issued contracts and not funded. I had transferred sole ownership about a month prior, and stayed on as an employee. The whole thing taught me I can Fund Deals like a madman, but all the extra stuff, dealing with employees and their issues, being responsible for a company and everything that goes with that....NOT FOR ME!