Paying Net on Renewals
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Paying Net on Renewals

I find it a total disrespect when a funder expects you to renew a deal like for $100,000
    Carrying a $75,000 balance and then make double profit but want to pay only on the $25,000 Net.

So i'm suppose to make you $40,000 in profit while you lend only $25k and i'm suppose to take a $10k lost and receive only $2k. Im a ISO not an employee.

If funders are like this they don't deserve business no matter how good the deal is. I Would only send from now if it's a good bank 10 months or less deals. Greedy and shady people do that on top of that the funders want to contact your merchant to renew and pretty much rob you out of making a good amount. It's truly a joke.

If you cant pay whats right don't be in the MCA industry period.
    Last edited by Pbs; 07-07-2021 at 02:06 PM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 14091

Quote Originally Posted by Pbs View Post
    I find it a total disrespect when a funder expects you to renew a deal like for $100,000
    Carrying a $75,000 balance and then make double interest but want to pay only on the $25,000 Net.

So i'm suppose to make you $40,000 in interest while you lend only $25k and i'm suppose to take a $10k lost and receive only $2k. Im a ISO not an employee.

If banks are like this they don't deserve business no matter how good the deal is. I Would only send from now if it's a good bank 10 months or less deals. Greedy and shady people do that on top of that the banks want to contact your merchant to renew and pretty much rob you out of making a good amount. It's truly a joke.

Are you saying a funder is paying you commission on the net amount on a renewal, not the funding amount?

Yes I know its common in some lenders but thats why you dont renew

Senior Member Reputation points: 14091

Yes I know its common in some lenders but thats why you dont renew
    easy way for a funder to not build a renewal book; which is key to have!

Senior Member Reputation points: 31817

The ONLY way i have ever been able to get behind a funder paying net on renewal is if they waive remaining interest on the refinanced amount. In that case it would be a loan not an advance, which already locks out 90% of the "funders".

Carrying a $75,000 balance and then make double interest but want to pay only on the $25,000 Net.

So i'm suppose to make you $40,000 in interest while you lend only $25k and i'm suppose to take a $10k lost and receive only $2k. Im a ISO not an employee.

If banks are like this they don't deserve business no matter how good the deal is. I Would only send from now if it's a good bank 10 months or less deals. Greedy and shady people do that on top of that the banks want to contact your merchant to renew and pretty much rob you out of making a good amount. It's truly a joke.

lol your not making the funder anything its a renewal the deal is 30-60 days in which at this time the funder prob has a better relationship
    with the client then you hes the one risking his funds to fund the deal NOT YOU so take what you can and move on

Too many of my partners made changes during covid that made it clear they were not our partner. Understandably they probably took it on the chin with most of their book, however it forced me to reevaluate where I place my volume. I have systematically over the last 18 months moved 95% of my business to more boutique shops that seem to have the partnerships best interest and more importantly the merchants best interest as a priority. My book has rebuilt almost to precovid levels as a result of that. I would suggest anyone with the ability to seek out smaller shops that you can build real relationships with do that. It will pay dividends in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcadefender View Post
    lol your not making the funder anything its a renewal the deal is 30-60 days in which at this time the funder prob has a better relationship
    with the client then you hes the one risking his funds to fund the deal NOT YOU so take what you can and move on
    That is exactly the problem. You think because the funder put out the funds its now YOUR client? What about the money spent on leads, overhead, and payroll to aquire the client in the first place? Too many people in this industry are greedy and blind to the fact that there is more than enough money in these deals for both broker and funder to make a pretty penny. Why screw over the guy who brought you the deal? Seems very short sighted. In all my time the only place I have seen do that well was Kabbage and they have deeper pockets than most of this industry combined. Bite the hand that feeds you and eventually you will stop getting fed.
    Last edited by Oxforddan; 07-07-2021 at 08:51 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 19568

There are enough funders (not lenders) that it shouldn't be a problem to take your business elsewhere. There are only a couple of companies that operate this way.

Many companies made short-term decisions during covid to survive. I don't know if this is a covid-related decision, but there should be deal flow pressure from other companies to eventually pay full commission unless they're offering unique terms.

Senior Member Reputation points: 227882

Quote Originally Posted by Oxforddan View Post
    The ONLY way i have ever been able to get behind a funder paying net on renewal is if they waive remaining interest on the refinanced amount. In that case it would be a loan not an advance, which already locks out 90% of the "funders".
    Why does that make it automatically a loan? We just had a discussion about this here https://dailyfunder.com/showthread.p...l=1#post154029
    Select is giving full prepayment benefits, just make sure not to call it "loan" or "principle" or "interest" and you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Why does that make it automatically a loan? We just had a discussion about this here https://dailyfunder.com/showthread.p...l=1#post154029
    Select is giving full prepayment benefits, just make sure not to call it "loan" or "principle" or "interest" and you're good to go.
    you are correct. I just didnt want to get into explaining it.

Senior Member Reputation points: 227882

@Pbs Stinks to have the goalposts moved on you. But don't call them "banks" they're just "MCA funders". Banks are licensed.

[QUOTE=Mcadefender;154946]lol your not making the funder anything its a renewal the deal is 30-60 days in which at this time the funder prob has a better relationship

LOL! would never send you a file. What a terrible way to view your isos. Who brought you the file? WHo spent hours on the phone convincing the merchant to submit? Very short-sighted approach. Dont bite the hand that feeds you.

Member Reputation points: 2462 Max Upsell's Avatar

This guy definitely backdoors his ISOs deals
    If you know you know

Member Reputation points: 2462 Max Upsell's Avatar

This the kinda guy who was a ****ty sales rep at an ISO and convinced someone with money to open a shop, then leverages the investor out with ****ty deals, then moves on to open another ****ty lender with another braindead investor

Lather rinse repeat

Def from Queens
    If you know you know

Senior Member Reputation points: 84417

Curious - The actual new money is $25K ?
    Dave Lambert, Business Development
    dave@fcbankcard.com
    Merchant Services Consultant
    High Risk Merchant Payment Solutions
    SBA 7(a) Loans & Short-Term Funding
    T/VM: 727-291-7890
    Office: 727-233-1111

Senior Member Reputation points: 4262 Magicmike18's Avatar

Some of you guys should really watch what you’re saying. These are merchant cash advances you’re buying receiveables at discount, therefore not a loan and you can get in trouble for using the word interest. Just saying lol.

lol You make a good point MIke

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

unless it was an add on of $25K, that is a bad deal for the merchant to net $25K but pay RTR on $100K.

Banned Reputation points: 179851

Rapid used to do this.
    That's why 9 times out of 10, we would flip them away from Rapid instead of Renewing

Thankfully they changed it.

I don't know anyone still doing it.

Breakout capital still does it. But They also have a 5-month clawback and take almost 6 weeks to pay commissions. They are nice people and give good offers however they clearly don't value their isos and I'm sure they lose out big time because of it. I did fund a few deals with them ( none were clawed back) but it's impossible to run a shop when you have a 5-month clawback and don't pay commissions for 6 weeks so I no longer submit to them. I submit to the many other A- paper lenders who give the same offers but treat their isos like they need them as opposed to the other way around. They are the only company that I know of that still only pays net on renewals. Could be why I very rarely see them in deals. Who would submit there?

Veteran Reputation points: 135672 Chambo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alexd12345 View Post
    Breakout capital still does it. But They also have a 5-month clawback and take almost 6 weeks to pay commissions. They are nice people and give good offers however they clearly don't value their isos and I'm sure they lose out big time because of it. I did fund a few deals with them ( none were clawed back) but it's impossible to run a shop when you have a 5-month clawback and don't pay commissions for 6 weeks so I no longer submit to them. I submit to the many other A- paper lenders who give the same offers but treat their isos like they need them as opposed to the other way around. They are the only company that I know of that still only pays net on renewals. Could be why I very rarely see them in deals. Who would submit there?
    They do this, as do others, because they look at reps as pawns. A means to an end. In their eyes, you are easily replaceable and another ISO shop will come around soon enough. That's the whole reason to employ ISO reps. It's not right, even a lil troubling....but it is the way several funds think.

Senior Member Reputation points: 32977

Quote Originally Posted by alexd12345 View Post
    Surprised people are still submitting deals to Breakout. When Carl got bought out, I figured working with them would only get harder..

Member Reputation points: 18

We'll treat you better! briano@vitalcapfund.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 86941

Breakout I never thought was a good ISO driven funder. More direct sales