Moderation
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Administrator Reputation points: 59879 admin's Avatar

Moderation

I do appreciate everyone's feedback on the moderation enforcement on this forum. Even the very critical posts are helpful to us in operating this site. Thank you for being a member and caring enough to even let us know how you feel about it.

Daily Funder operates as a social network. As you might imagine, it is a challenging community to manage. We have received cease & desists, lawsuits, and angry calls, emails, and text messages about posts on the site. Posts on this forum have regularly been attached as exhibits in lawsuits. I have seen settlement agreements between parties that required a post that a user made about someone else be retracted, removed, or modified.

People have shown up to my office in person to personally confront me over something someone else said about them on the site. I have even received a handful of violent threats over the years, though none recently.

Threatening some kind of reprisal does not mean that someone can force their way into getting what they want. Sponsorship also does not confer any special moderation benefits. We have been operating this site for 10 years. We have seen and heard it all. This website is not for fighting or lodging accusations. It's supposed to be a constructive community. There are official websites to lodge grievances like BBB, Ripoffreport, Google Reviews, and all the other review sites.

This site is monitored and "open," but it is not the wild west. It is completely public. Some posts will be removed. I hope you can appreciate the difficulty that comes with operating a community like this and the relative free rein it does permit. I have personally met hundreds of people that have found it useful over the years though I realize and acknowledge it is not perfect.

Thanks again. We do see your critical feedback and it is considered even if it is not replied to.
    Last edited by admin; 06-04-2021 at 12:54 PM.

Banned Reputation points: 12889

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I do appreciate everyone's feedback on the moderation enforcement on this forum. Even the very critical posts are helpful to us in operating this site. Thank you for being a member and caring enough to even let us know how you feel about it.

Daily Funder operates as a social network. As you might imagine, it is a challenging community to manage. We have received cease & desists, lawsuits, and angry calls, emails, and text messages about posts on the site. Posts on this forum have regularly been attached as exhibits in lawsuits. I have seen settlement agreements between parties that required a post that a user made about someone else be retracted, removed, or modified.

People have shown up to my office in person to personally confront me over something someone else said about them on the site. I have even received a handful of violent threats over the years, though none recently.

Threatening some kind of reprisal does not mean that someone can force their way into getting what they want. Sponsorship also does not confer any special moderation benefits. We have been operating this site for 10 years. We have seen and heard it all. This website is not for fighting or lodging accusations. It's supposed to be a constructive community. There are official websites to lodge grievances like BBB, Ripoffreport, Google Reviews, and all the other review sites.

This site is monitored and "open," but it is not the wild west. It is completely public. Some posts will be removed. I hope you can appreciate the difficulty that comes with operating a community like this and the relative free rein it does permit. I have personally met hundreds of people that have found it useful over the years though I realize and acknowledge it is not perfect.

Thanks again. We do see your critical feedback and it is considered even if it is not replied to.
    very well said !!!!!!

love this !

Senior Member Reputation points: 3418 kevin85k's Avatar

Thank you for the response!

Senior Member Reputation points: 4262 Magicmike18's Avatar

Just interesting how some of the big name company's got bashed relentlessly on here. Yet none of those posts were taken down. Yet this particular company's posts which people universally agree with. Have constantly been taken down so many times.
    Last edited by Magicmike18; 06-06-2021 at 09:20 AM.

Senior Member Reputation points: 23750

Sean/Admin, wouldn't the right thing to do be if you were going to delete or lock a post, tell the forum why?

If multiple agents are complaining about a funder and or ISO and you remove that post without an explanation, it looks very shady on your part. Usually where there is smoke there is fire.

While I agree that you cannot validate either side complaints or defense, you should give your reason as to why you remove a post. Imagine if another broker or agent didn't see the post because you removed it and submitted deals to that funder/iso and lost either commission or merchants.

You need to back the little guy broker/agent just as much if not more than the big guy funder/iso on this forum.

You said this site is suppose to be for constructive community, how can it be if you cannot talk about negative experiences? We can only talk about great experiences? You can't have it one way and not the other.

Again, I appreciate your response and understand where you are coming from but just to blindly remove a post with what seems like multiple shared complaints without an explanation, is not a good look.

Your base/audience is mostly agents/brokers on this site, lose their confidence and you will lose your audience.

Administrator Reputation points: 59879 admin's Avatar

This is a fair critique. Unfortunately, I will not be able to share the precise reason in most circumstances. Allow me to expand upon why most are removed and you can assume that it probably was one of these reasons:

Sometimes what appears to be "complaints from multiple people" actually turns out to be a single person or a single person coordinating complaints to be posted by several people. I regularly receive forwarded emails, screenshots of text messages, and CRM logs that diminish the claims made in a posted complaint or completely refute them. Such posts will probably be removed and this is the most common reason that such posts are removed on this site.

Sometimes the original complainer(s) requests their posts be quietly removed because they realized they were wrong, the issue was resolved, or it was the condition of a legal settlement.

I am contacted by attorneys about posts on here on a daily basis. We do our best to keep up just about everything. If the lawyers had their way, there would be no posts on this website at all. They don't want anyone in the industry talking to each other. I wish I was joking.

I am going to say something that might come across as unpopular, but I am often surprised by the names of companies being complained about, because too many are companies I've never heard of. The best way to reduce the risk of getting screwed over is to work with a funder that has a public footprint. If a positive or negative DailyFunder post is all that exists about the company online, you're setting yourself up for failure to begin with. That is my advice for the newer people and smaller brokers.