MCA “Funder” Was a $100M Ponzi Scheme, SEC Alleges
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Senior Member Reputation points: 34509 Jstarr's Avatar

MCA “Funder” Was a $100M Ponzi Scheme, SEC Alleges

Wow, I dont know what to say....

It was all a ponzi scheme, the SEC alleged about MJ Capital Funding, LLC in a recently unsealed complaint. A purported MCA funding company in South Florida run by a woman named Johanna M. Garcia, is said to have raised between $70M and $129M from over 2,150 investors in roughly one years time.

https://debanked.com/2021/08/mca-funder-was-a-100m-ponzi-scheme-sec-alleges/
    Jerry Starr
    Insource Funding
    433 Plaza Real,
    Boca Raton, Fl 33432
    P: 800-805-3391 Fx: 561-270-6895
    insourcefunding.net

WHAT WOULD YOU DO " IF " YOU HAD THE CAPITAL

◆ 50% LTV - No Fico Required
    ◆ 90% CLTV on Purchases
    ◆ Investment Residential / Commercial Properties

Senior Member Reputation points: 97075

Quote Originally Posted by Jstarr View Post
    Wow, I dont know what to say....

It was all a ponzi scheme, the SEC alleged about MJ Capital Funding, LLC in a recently unsealed complaint. A purported MCA funding company in South Florida run by a woman named Johanna M. Garcia, is said to have raised between $70M and $129M from over 2,150 investors in roughly one years time.

https://debanked.com/2021/08/mca-funder-was-a-100m-ponzi-scheme-sec-alleges/
    In less than a year. Unreal

Senior Member Reputation points: 56332

Quote Originally Posted by SmartAdvanced View Post
    In less than a year. Unreal

Right, that’s the most impressive part. I need to get her on the team.

Senior Member Reputation points: 86884

how do these stories keep happening. who are these investors that aren't doing their due diligence before handing over their money.

Senior Member Reputation points: 18826

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    how do these stories keep happening. who are these investors that aren't doing their due diligence before handing over their money.

When you hear you can double to triple your money in a year, plus your initial investment is guaranteed, making it basically a free roll (no loss potential), and you know 1 or 2 people already in, that basically sells itself.

www.UccRadar.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 337126

Quote Originally Posted by fundingsmbs View Post
    There is probably a lot more of this out there that has not come to a head. Musical chairs.....people scurry when the music stops.......
    Hedley Lamarr......That's Hedley

so many people are signed up with them and they have no idea what they're investing their money into... or have any clue about how MCAs work... I see it all over IG, people posting their monthly checks from MJ...

Senior Member Reputation points: 18826

Quote Originally Posted by Barbarag View Post
    so many people are signed up with them and they have no idea what they're investing their money into... or have any clue about how MCAs work... I see it all over IG, people posting their monthly checks from MJ...

Most "typical" investors are not that interested when it's a set and forget type of model. Years ago when I did work for Fidelity Investments, I would have to call Fidelity clients and give them updates on what the board of directors would be proposing, as any changes, especially financial, required a vote.

I was speaking mainly to high net worth individuals, so you would think they weren't idiots. The board of directors were already making mid six figures to sit around most of the year, and they would propose bonuses and salary increases for themselves, and we were required to inform shareholders naturally.

The shareholders would get pissed at me for calling them and telling them that their profits were about to decrease.

It was like a funder calling a broker and telling them that their 10 point commission was going down to 9 points on all future deals, because they're taking a success fee, and then the broker getting pissed at the funder for having the nerve to bother him with that info.

The shareholders didn't want to hear it most of the time. They were like, just go with what the board recommends.

www.UccRadar.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 18841

Quote Originally Posted by Franklin View Post
    When you hear you can double to triple your money in a year, plus your initial investment is guaranteed, making it basically a free roll (no loss potential), and you know 1 or 2 people already in, that basically sells itself.

www.UccRadar.com
    I've watched enough American Greed to know that anyone guaranteeing any sort of return is a swindler.