Happy Birthday
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Banned Reputation points: 306

Happy Birthday

My VERY first experience in this industry is one where I got paid $12 / hr, only to never ever receive my first paycheck. After the first due date, I got the "promise of it's coming." My first paycheck never came. I still kept believing... I still kept cold calling.

I'd never trade that experience for anything. I'll leave you to figure out why!

Today is not about me. It's about this industry. It's growth. It's future. MCA / Alternative lending has yet to reach its' pinnacle.

I'm really very excited because downright gentleman are at the ship. Sean Murray... you may get mad at me for this, but I'm calling you out. Sean, one of the owners of this forum is a flat out gentleman. There are guys who are really good at what they do, and they pound their chest, but Sean... well... he just does what he does, and God dammit, he's the best in this industry. That's not enough... His integrity is not for sale.

On this 15th anniversary of MCA,
    I had B-Fast with a guy who I thought was a "monster." Rather, I met a humble, focused, no B.S. guy who has a clear vision / mission as to how he will carve his niche in the world vis a vis this industry. I won't mention his name, but I will share just a sliver of what I learned.

1. He started with a ****ing phone book, just like you.
    2. He's killing it, you can too.
    3. He can give a **** less about a bunch of diamonds, where are your priorities?
    4. His first commission checks... well they didn't go to the strip club, they went to the company.
    5. Before he knew what a marketing budget was, he had one. What's your marketing budget?

I'm sharing this with you all because most of you on this forum are desperately trying to figure out; "how do I become successful?" Here's your answer... You ready? This is GUARANTEED TO WORK! Ok, here it is.

1. Pick up the telephone book.
    2. Come up with a nice script
    3. Make 300 dials every day.
    4. Stack your wins.
    5. Put 90% of your winnings back into the business.
    6. Carve out a niche.

I get the chance to learn from a lot of you... I'm seeing a common thread. Most of you want a bunch of leads tomorrow, but no one is willing to starve for those leads.

Check out THIS VIDEO...

You want to clear $1M a month? You willing to be like the biggest mega ISO in the world? You want to be like the guy who started with a phone book? Sacrifice?

I'm damn near starving... are you?

Sleep is for those people who are broke... I don't sleep. I'm up always researching, scheming, devising ways that I GIVE YOU to implement so you can make money.

STAY HUNGRY. BE A GENTLEMAN. GIVE. WORK. LET'S GO!!

DONT CRY TO GIVE UP! CRY TO KEEP GOING!

ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL, SOME WORK HARDER IN PRE-SEASON. HOW MANY HOURS ARE YOU SPENDING E-MAILING GURUS? HOW MANY HOURS ARE YOU SPENDING IN BARNES AND NOBLE? I AINT NO ****IN GENIUS, I JUST READ A LOT. WHO AMONGST YOU READS MORE THAN ME? LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR, YOU WILL NEVER READ MORE AND TEST MORE THAN WHAT I READ... WHERE'S YOUR HEART AT? THIS IS 15 YEARS IN. ARE YOU WILLING TO SACRIFICE WHAT YOU ARE, FOR WHAT YOU WILL BECOME???

Most of you call me. You want LEADS TODAY. Most of you will read my advice; "work Linked In, align your strategy with what the data suggests, offer something more than just the money, be different, etc. Then guess what most of you do? You say; "Oh GREAT IDEAS! IMPLEMENT THEM FOR ME!"

You're not hungry. You're not cut out for it. You're not Sean Murray. You're not my breakfast mate. Go to the post office and get a job because $3.5 billion will be divided amongst survivors in 4 years... will you be one?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MCA!!

A forum user Reputation points: 2147483647 Sean Cash's Avatar

Wow, what an interesting way to be called out! And so thanks Jay for the really kind words. From the Happy Birthday reference, I'm guessing you saw the article I wrote on RetailCapital's website.

I'll be honest guys, I've seen people come on forums before and make a lot of bold claims, but this Jay Ballentine really intrigued me with some of the stuff he was saying. That's why we let him keep posting until I could find out if he was legit. lol.

Long story short, met the guy and he knows his stuff! Apparently, his long posts are not just fairy tales and I walked away learning a few tricks that I literally implemented the following day and saw results.

So again thanks for the compliments and I highly recommend watching that youtube video in its entirety. Actually if you're a rep, you should probably watch it everyday as soon as you wake up in the morning.

Banned Reputation points: 306

Yes. It was the Retail Capital post - which I am 100% sure stemmed from a guy I consider "Michael Jordan." He was here, before Retail Capital was...

Anyway, I'm happy to make a fool of myself with crazy ideas here and not get flamed for it!

Senior Member Reputation points: 99426

Sean Murray is the face of merchant cash advance...literally. Google "merchant cash advance" and his picture comes up on page 1

Senior Member Reputation points: 4807

Excellent post. This industry is not for the weak or unmotivated. Way too many folks come in and have a "pie in the sky get rich quick" expectation. That couldn't be further from the truth. It takes guts and determination to succeed. This is a game of singles and not homeruns.

Clients are not loyal unless you make them loyal. The real winners build a solid book of loyal repeat business.