Funders, what makes ISO's great?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 107104

Funders want funding volume. Any other answers is just what will be nice to have. Any iso with serious volume can be a total dick.

Lior honestly would you be happy with an iso that submits a deal with "j1hb23ghj123" labeled on the statements, no information and "GET ME MAX" but funds 3 million a month with you

Senior Member Reputation points: 71352

Quote Originally Posted by RickyR3712 View Post
    Funders want funding volume. Any other answers is just what will be nice to have. Any iso with serious volume can be a total dick.

Lior honestly would you be happy with an iso that submits a deal with "j1hb23ghj123" labeled on the statements, no information and "GET ME MAX" but funds 3 million a month with you
    9/10 times the ones that do that type of Volume know how to properly submit a deal. If they submit deals that way but fund and perform, I don't care how sloppy the submission is.
    Thank you,

Lior Monus
    Business Development Manager
    CFG Merchant Solutions

Direct: (646) 880-6764
    Cell: (516) 319-5826
    Fax: (646) 278-7322
    Lmonus@cfgms.com
    180 Maiden Lane New York, NY 10038

www.cfgmerchantsolutions.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 51397 DTFdowntofund's Avatar

Personally, I couldn't care less what the docs are labeled, as long as they're relevant.. and I underwrite.

What irks me in that respect is when reps don't bother looking through the items prior to putting a sub together. I've seen countless instances where it's a printout, or excel / word format sent in where a MTD is needed for example,.. or if the merch printed and scanned their banks and it was not copied properly (cut off margins, illegible, or front and back with half missing). If we requested payback months and I get 2 Septembers, an April and half a May and they're not even all the same account. Really gets me hot. lol

Senior Member Reputation points: 16117 capaxess's Avatar

My perspective from a one- man & hard-working ISO shop is that, even when all the procedures are maintained to the letter once a file is submitted it becomes "fair game" within 24-48 hours with few exceptions. That is, unless I'm able to get the approval across the finish line in that time frame 90% I lose the deal. That is especially hard for those of us who also have to do our own marketing. Thousands of cold calls, return calls and follow ups along with endless hours of chasing docs, stips and sudden "changes of heart" from lenders who see us as expendable, all to have that one deal that makes it get taken by one of the lenders I submitted the file to. I understand the mentality of funders who have to deal with unprofessional ISO's - I hear the same horror stories from merchants I talk to. The babies get thrown out with the bathwater however and the result is that merchants get the message: Get the broker (ISO) out of the way and get a better deal. It seems sometimes as if lenders feel they can survive and remain viable while at the same time kneecapping their front line Sales folks who develop relationships with the merchants. I doubt it, just saying.