Quote Originally Posted by IndustryVet View Post
I've been in this space for 10 years. I have never charged a psf to any client. Its wrong and its greedy. And they will remember that when you try to renew them. a quick buck will hurt your renewal book beyond words. Many people charge the fees, pray the guy doesn't default within 30 days and move on. This is not how you grow your ISO shop. Growth comes from building relationships and actually giving a **** about your merchants and not always charging max points and max offers. Figure out what they need, and make them value your relationship. Then one day when you're still funding them 10 years down the road, you'll realize quick and fast and max everything isn't what keeps your clients with you. When other people call them they tell them to **** off, I only work with so and so. When lenders call them they say **** off, I only work with so and so. Play the long game, it works. Better to have a happy and loyal book of clients than people who think you're a shady greasy salesman/saleswoman.
Couldn't have said it better myself. PSF's are pure greed and screw up relationships and renewal game.