How many cold calls per day?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 91418

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Henry-Seacoast View Post
    On average, at least 25. They are very targeted to specific industries and size of company.
    Lol, WHAT INDUSTRY ARE YOU ACTUALLY IN! MCA you've got to be doing 250-400 a day minimum to make any money.

Senior Member Reputation points: 338677

Quote Originally Posted by SFC View Post
    Lol, WHAT INDUSTRY ARE YOU ACTUALLY IN! MCA you've got to be doing 250-400 a day minimum to make any money.
    We are a factor an an asset based lender so it's a different product than MCA. My calls are VERY targeted: industry, size, customer base, revenue, TIB. If you are randomly calling everybody and their uncle asking "do you need money?" you would certainly have to call a lot of people. I am not selling money.....I am offering a solution to a problem.
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Senior Member Reputation points: 226631

We are a factor an an asset based lender so it's a different product than MCA. My calls are VERY targeted: industry, size, customer base, revenue, TIB. If you are randomly calling everybody and their uncle asking "do you need money?" you would certainly have to call a lot of people. I am not selling money.....I am offering a solution to a problem.
    Just to finish Kevin's sentence, as opposed to creating a problem or creating a need and then filling it, which is what sales and marketing is.

Senior Member Reputation points: 19896

Quote Originally Posted by abfunders View Post
    Just to finish Kevin's sentence, as opposed to creating a problem or creating a need and then filling it, which is what sales and marketing is.
    Sales and marketing is more identifying a group or segment of people that have a problem that you are in position to provide a solution for, which I think is what you meant.

Creating a problem or need and filling it, is more like going to a deli up the street and offering them protection, for a nice weekly kickback, and when they refuse, heading back at night and breaking all their windows and then taking a dump on the grill where they make the sandwiches.

There was never a problem until you showed up.

Www.B2BRecon.com

Senior Member Reputation points: 91418

Yup fair enough, but obviously your OG answer doesnt match the platform because most people here are selling MCA.

Senior Member Reputation points: 338677

Quote Originally Posted by SFC View Post
    Yup fair enough, but obviously your OG answer doesnt match the platform because most people here are selling MCA.
    Regardless of product you will always be more successful following a few guidelines rather than shot gunning the masses:

-Target a specific industry where you have knowledge/expertise.
    -Understand the common needs of the target industry.
    -Once getting the prospect on the phone, take the time to understand the business and their needs.
    -Offer a solution to the need.
    -Constantly stay in front of those whom you have reached out to with targeted marketing. Example: I cold called a staffing company over a year ago. I never got the owner on the phone. I followed up with emails. She was receiving and opening our marketing campaigns for months without a reply. She called me out of the blue one day because she had enough with her current factor. She told me she kept my contact details on a yellow sticky on the edge of her computer screen. Result: Closed a $4Mil factoring facility that offered better advance rates, a lot more cost effective, and some banking services her factor could not offer as they are not bank owned.

KH
    Kevin Henry
    VP-Business Development
    Seacoast Business Funding, a division of Seacoast Bank
    561-850-9346
    Kevin.Henry@SeacoastBF.com
    1880 N Congress Ave., Suite 404
    Boynton Beach, FL 33426