Quote Originally Posted by JSL23 View Post
I have mentioned in the past that consolidations are a good way to get our clients back on the right track, but what does everyone think would slow down the stacking by these bottom feeders? (and these boiler rooms whose whole platform is "We WILL fund 3rd, 4th and 5th position ARE Bottom Feeders) I don't think stacking can be completely stopped, but how can we slow it down? Longer terms and larger approvals? Sounds great, but not too many banks are willing.... Thoughts?
Longer terms and larger approvals will not stop stacking. I would actually say that in some cases they have led to more stacking. The nature of cash advance is short term financing. What I observed over the past years as terms got longer (when I first started in cash advance it was only 6-8 month terms) , is more and more merchants want additional funds before they are eligible. It sounds great to the merchant that they got a 12 month or 18 month advance, but then in 3 or 4 months they want more, but there balance is still too high. So instead of waiting to renew, they take a second position