Quote Originally Posted by capaxess View Post
But THAT'S what money actually costs when there's risk involved - how can having access to even expensive money make things worse for a "struggling business" - it could be the difference between surviving or not. Uncle Sambino is handing out free money at low rates (or even free) cuz they have a printer, if I had one I'd be giving out lower rates too!
The MCA industry came about because of the void created by banks leaving small businesses out in the cold. High risk underwriters/lenders then calculated what rates were needed to turn a profit - many who have tried to capture market share by taking on more risk have failed. Although there are abuses MCA rates by an large reflect true price discovery after risk/rewards are correctly calculated.
Maybe the best option is to have no access to capital at all. I understand the MCA product works in a lot of specific scenarios but I just don't see how 50k 1.499 70 days 7% fee with a daily payment of $1,070.71 can really truly help anyone lol. It might just be better for the business owner to learn better savings habits rather than have someone give them a quick but expensive 50k so they can continue to feel like they have money to spend.