Quote Originally Posted by FlexibleCapitalSolutions View Post
I was with you when you said you were against people who tricked merchants into believing that they didnt qualify for PPP and then sold them an MCA. However, you are losing me a bit here. I think the best way to frame my question is as follows.

How much (of your hard earned money) would you fund a merchant that has a sub 500 credit score, that has a bad background, and or that only has 3-6 months in business?

Most people would answer ZERO. if thats not your answer then Kudos to you, but in reality these people pose a significant risk to anyone that is funding them, why do you think it's wrong for a Funder to factor his risk into his offers?

without these type of programs all of these credit challenged merchants are literally excluded from obtaining any type of funding.

Yes, if you can go to a community bank or if you can go to any other type of institution that will offer a better rate and term, then you should definitely go there. I just do not understand why you villainize a funder that is willing to take a chance on someone that noone else will even look at.
I would fund someone with no credit, if they were a real person with a good business, and was willing to accept guidance from true professionals on how to fix their business and themselves. You may not think I’m a professional, but I am and a lot of people know that. I’m unorthodox And unconventional with my underwriting and operations style, but I do it happily.

As far as community banks, all we want is small business owners to make it their first stop before venturing out into the World Wide Web, cyberspace, or answering a press 1 campaign or click an email to find financing. That’s all. Do community banks decline people? All the time! But most will help their local business get the services they need to get approved in the future, and direct them towards a lot happier of an outcome for their immediate funding needs. Because if they don’t, and that small business owner ends up in the WRONG HANDS in MCA or Fintech, we all know how that story can end.

I’m nobody’s enemy, unless you have no interest in fixing what’s bad in our world.

Good Shabbos!