Want to know what it looks like when you're not successful in this industry?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Hybrid View

Senior Member Reputation points: 222150

David's point, as I read it is the following:
    MCAs are not good or bad.
    BUT, MCAs are a fertile ground for salesmen and liars to make tons of money on the backs of hard working members of society. AKA, selling merchant cash advances sucks.

So how do you stop predatory practices?

How much self-regulation and how much big brother regulation is needed in order to protect adults? If anything, more podcasts should focus on the student debt trap. Merchant debt trap? They are business owners after all, and grown adults.

David, correct me if I'm wrong, but you'll admit that pure brokering is okay in and of itself, but you're not so happy with how much lying is going on with the "sales force" attitude, and in which case, there's too much noise going on to be worth continuing without a conductor.

Senior Member Reputation points: 77488

"How much self-regulation and how much big brother regulation is needed in order to protect adults? If anything, more podcasts should focus on the student debt trap. Merchant debt trap? They are business owners after all, and grown adults."

When you work for a funding company, or lie to a merchant and say you do, they expect you to know what you are doing. When you go to a dentist and they tell you that you need a cavity filled, do you have the dentist show you exactly how they are going to fill your cavity before you get it done? And than after he shows you the procedure do you go home and research it before he starts filling the cavity? In this country, people expect to be treated normal, its not supposed to feel like the wild west and whoever has the biggest pocket is the coolest. Thats ****ing retarded and stop running from your small dick problems. There is more to life than money I promise......

You talk about how student loans are a problem too. That's because students also EXPECTED this country to guide them in the right direction. Once everyone was approved for a 30k-100k loan and told they can study liberal arts or history, we expected that things would work out and we'd have a decent job. The education system failed us because colleges were charging WAY too high prices and they weren't even keeping up with how fast society was moving. They were still telling people to major in history meanwhile people needed to major in computer technology or engineering. It's just another example of when someone is in a position of power, you expect them to guide you not hurt you and than run away once they make a killing.

That's partially right...and the defense of the broker can come from Amanda Kingsley, my baby sista. I have a problem with the funders in MCA. From top to bottom. I know the way to get rid of brokers is to simply originate on your own. But I don't want to try and originate on my own, during a pandemic, where small businesses are being ass rammed by the whole ****ing planet right now, brutally targeted 40 times a day, 7 days a week by bat **** crazy brokers offering them 15 days 1.499. And we all know that happened. I have proof myself. Nope...I want a lot more accountability from the "A" Paper, Google Reviewed, Deep pocketed, Ad Word gauging, Goliath's of the financial market, and servicing market.