Quote Originally Posted by Steven_O View Post
Here we are almost 2 years later... since I gave an honest opinion then, I'll give another one today.

I've been in the industry since 2014, everyone here knows I'm a straight shooter, hard worker and overall nice guy.

I started working with this shop on January 15th... Made great money in the first 2 weeks. KILLED IT. I got commissions paid on the 1st in Feb. I got commissions paid on the 1st in March (for February). On March 15th I was presented with a revised "employment agreement" which I chose not to sign (for being too over reaching). Rather than just leave/quit that same day, and because I'm a professional, I worked until the last day of the month (the 31st), closed my last deals of the month and midday had a meeting where I told them that I was not going to sign the agreement. I had already been told by one of the principles that if I didn't sign their agreement by end of month they couldn't continue to employ me in April. So, I resigned, immediately shut down operations and within 2 days (it was the weekend) I mailed their equipment back (on my own dime).

We are now 21 days since I left and after weeks of emails, this shop, Yarrow Financial, has refused to pay out the remaining commissions to my company for March deals funded in the time frame they have contractually agreed to...a total of $7,120 remaining for 3 deals.

Their excuse is that they need to wait for the claw back period to expire. A rule they never had, not in our commissions agreement and one I never agreed to. Their signed employment contract says they are to payout commissions (post termination) by the 15th of the following month (already past the due date in our case).

The owner wants me to wait it out until June 1st to be paid in full.

Beware of working with a shop who creates their own rules and disregards signed contracts.

PROCEED WITH CAUTION
You talking about Vas Nunes?