How and when do you disclose your commission to clients?
Need a Funder or Vendor? START HERE

Threaded View

Senior Member Reputation points: 30747

Welcome to the DF family.. I am a merchant and I always ask and try to get a clear understanding of exactly how a transaction will benefit all the various parties involved. If I feel if something doesn't add up right, or if the deal seems to go to be true, it makes me take a harder look at the numbers. But at the end of the day, it's the total cost that matters most to the merchant, not exactly who gets what.

I think shopping the deal is more important than trying to figure out exactly who is getting what.

No differance when getting multiple bids for a home renovation, multiple bids for cc processing, multiple bids for a MCA.. What's the differance?

For instance... Yesterday I had an electrician come to my house and install a new 15amp 120volt dedicated circuit for an indoor Sauna I had installed for my wife. I received quotes from electricians ranging from $1200 to $200 for the exact same job request. I may not know the hourly rate of the actual person that installed the circuit, how much franchise fees cost, how much they spend on marketing, etc.. In some cases it may not matter who is making what.. As long as the value to the customer is there..

In the example I just gave, Technically the sole proprietor owner operator electrician that quoted $200 could be making more money per hour than the w2 electrician that works for the franchise company that quoted $1200.
    Last edited by Winning; 06-26-2020 at 12:03 AM.